Author Topic: Please help with 13 month old sleep issues  (Read 1405 times)

Offline jul28baby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Please help with 13 month old sleep issues
« on: April 06, 2011, 12:26:07 pm »
My son is 13 months and we started the transition to one nap when he was 11.5 mos. old due to him going down easy for his AM nap and then fighting the PM nap.  He also was waking at the 5:30am hour.  He was doing great on the one nap for a month, sleeping till 6:30/7am, going down around noon and then even lengthening the nap from 1.5 hours to 2+ hours.  He was then going to bed around 6:45/7pm.  Then within the last 1.5 weeks it has slowly gone down hill.  He is now waking before 6am again and his naps are shorter (we've even had a 40 min nap day here).  During the month of March he did have 2  ear infections, pink eye and a stomach bug (all at different times) but he has been healthy for almost 2 weeks now.  A little background is that I have a daughter who is in school 3 days per week and I have to pick her up at noon on those days.  With the early wake ups it is tough to get him to a noon nap now.  We are stuck in a cycle and I don't know what to do.  I am so tired and lost.  Here are some questions I have:

*What is your best advice based on the above info.?
*Has anyone had success with the wake-to-sleep method for early wake ups?
*How do you gauge when to put down for bedtime?  I know 7pm is ideal but he is exhausted that we have gotten into a 6:30pm bedtime.  Do you suggest a temporary earlier bedtime?
*Can you do Wake-to-Sleep while also moving the naptime earlier?  (My daughter is off school this week so I think I'm going to try an 11am nap but if he is up at 1pm or earlier, how do I know when to put him down for bed?)  It seems as if the only way to do Wake-to-Sleep is if you put down for bed at 7pm and they wake early not if you put down at 6pm for bed b/c then a 5:30/6am wake up is a decent nights sleep.

Please help!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 14:34:51 pm by jul28baby »

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
Re: Please help with 13 month old sleep issues
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 15:45:23 pm »
I'm just going to pop this over to Toddler Sleep as your LO is over 12 months and you'll get more eyes there.:)