Author Topic: EDs and Mucous poo  (Read 6466 times)

Offline ~Jen~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: EDs and Mucous poo
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2011, 05:06:13 am »
Hi, I emailed and called her last week but no response yet. Am hoping she was away and i get a response this week.  :-\

I am desparate to speak with someone. Still having major ups anddowns. Reflux flare again now too. DH pressuring for Neocate andnot sure how long I can keep fighting. Nothing I try seems to be working  ???

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2011, 09:42:01 am »
Oh I am so sorry to hear that Jen  :-[  This is a very tough situation.  I really hope you get through to her soon.... so you can bounce all your worries and questions off someone.   I can imagine it wis getting extremely hard to  mentally keep up the diet with DH now wanting to go to neocate and her having a flare.

Does the paed want to do further investigations/testing?  If they don't signficantly improve on the higher doses of the PPI they usually suggest a swathe of tests.

So do you think she reached a baseline of stability, and is now flaring or is her pain and smyptoms still uncontrolled?
I do know that many a sensitive bub thrive on the neocate. I have to admit alot more joy has come back into my life now that I am off the diet  ::)

Offline ~Jen~

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2011, 11:04:31 am »
Such a hard time right now with lots of tears over past 48hrs. The reflux flare has up'd our stress levels considerably as DD is back to hours of crying in the evening.  The PPI definitely was working for over a month now but something seems to be causing reflux to be aggrevated - maybe teeth?

I was re-reading this thread and came across the supplements you give to Kai..and I have been doing a lot of reading on healing baby's gut which all suggest similar types of things.  I think C would really benefit from the supplements as we arent doing any right now.  Waiting to speak with the naturopath...  as I would be afraid to give her anything without talking to someone first.  In the meantime, I am starting the lactase drops today just to rule it out.   Maybe it will help!

Offline EloysH

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2011, 11:42:58 am »
many many ((hugs))  :-*

The supplements will help her body tolerate and clear out food chemicals in your milk. They will also support her immune system in the role it plays in toelrating and not reacting to foods.   I don't know the mechanics of it, but apparantly these bubs immune systems are stressed.   The supplements take about 4 weeks to kick in so it won't help you get over this blip unfortunately.

Buntybear and I also found this naturopath, she says alot of the same things that mine does about food allergies and intolerances:
http://purehealthclinic.co.uk/  Is this near you?

The stool sampling tests look like they are worth exploring.

If I were in your place I would go straight back to the paed and ask for a GI referral and maybe look at some further tests and so what advice options he/she has to offer with the latest flare.

Offline ~Jen~

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2011, 14:43:39 pm »
Thank you  :-*   I so appreciate the support.  DH and I are really at odds with this whole thing so feeling very alone right now.

Good news though - just got an email from the naturopath I contacted last week.  She can see us on thursday so I am really excited to have the consultation.  I also had a look at the other website and while this clinic is very far from where I live, might be worth exploring depending on outcome on Thursday.  Thank you for looking into other options. I was literally on the computer into 1AM last night searching for naturopaths  ::)

I also have on my 'to do' list to phone our GI on Monday.  We are due to see him this month and I want to move up the appt and talk about flare ups. We are on max dose of PPI for her weight so I want to see if he thinks further testing necessary. Last time he said no tests because her case seemed pretty textbook - but now I'm not so sure...

Offline EloysH

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2011, 12:39:28 pm »
How did the appt go?

Offline ~Jen~

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2011, 20:32:07 pm »
Hi, It went really well.  She was great and had lots of really helpful suggestions.  She has me starting on supplements - vitamins, digestive enzymes and a different probiotic.  She is mostly leaving the diet stuff up to me.  But encouraging me to do challenges quickly to add more foods to my diet.  We both suspect leaky gut but before including remedies for it, we are going to do the basic supplements for a week or two to see if any improvement. 

We are starting to see some more normal poos which is such a victory.  but then we always go back to mucous/. So getting closer but not there yet.  I've cut out coffee and sugar which seem to have helped but something is still getting her  :-\ .  We are seeing the GI on Friday do you thihk I should be pushing for tests? The thing is her reflux is under control for the most part - it is the lower gut that I just can't figure out  :-\

Offline EloysH

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 11:44:48 am »
Great news that she was helpful and you have a way forward  :D