Author Topic: Fussy Dinner Habits all of a sudden  (Read 1137 times)

Offline elf

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:12:42 am »
About a week ago DS started getting fussy at Dinner.  Previously has been an awesome eater and all of a sudden won't have anything in a bowl or with a fork or spoon - he's almost 20 months.  All his favourites, such as Spag Bol, Lasagne, Pasta dishes, etc - cries when I present the bowl to him and won't touch it.  I've been calm and just removed the meal.  The thing is, he will eat the food if it is presented as a sandwich.  He seems to only want sandwiches for dinner.  So tonight I had a Mince and pasta dish that I thought he would love, was very careful on afternoon snacking so he was nice and hungry and he just moved the food around his plate, put it to his mouth then spat it out.  I put the same dinner in 2 pieces of bread with a piece of cheese and made a toasted cheese sandwich out of it, and he ate it...  So he will eat dinner, but it seems as though he will only eat sandwiches or certain finger foods - such as bits of sausage, avocado, cheese - not a keen vegetable eater at the moment.  He doesn't have bottles, and breakfast and lunch are good - not sure if he's eating too much during the day and therefore not hungry at dinner?  Also not sure if I should be offering a second option or only giving what he likes.  Whether this is just a phase?  DD has her dinner with him and she will eat it so is a good role model, but it makes no difference.  Just seems really bizarre...

Offline firsttimemummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
Re: Fussy Dinner Habits all of a sudden
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 10:37:03 am »
teething? Murray also eats fantastically but has days/meals where he wont eat his favourite things.  He makes up for it a day or two later.  It is frustrating though
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!