Author Topic: Milk trial due. Please help with an action plan  (Read 1383 times)

Offline lilisuze

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
Milk trial due. Please help with an action plan
« on: April 04, 2011, 12:52:02 pm »
DS is due a milk trial before we see the Paed in May. He is 2.5y

Its going to fail. I know this because he had a runny nappy with goats milk last week. But I'll do a proper one now

I think he can tolerate cheese.  He cannot tolerate milk/yogurts.

I am fed up of making baby soy formula, so have weaned down to 4oz milk in an evening, and one every other day in the morning.

Has anyone had any success switching their child to soya milk from the supermarket? If so what brand?

I'd be grateful of some assistance here

TIA

Lilixx
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline ~*~Louisa~*~

• Mummy in need of a month of sleep... PLEASE!!!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
    • Cupcakes and storm clouds my blog
Re: Milk trial due. Please help with an action plan
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 14:03:44 pm »
Sophina went from wysoy to regular soya from the shops...

The dietion said to try and get unsweetened and try that first, dont know where you are, but if in the uk ALL the big supermarkets do a cheap own brand one

If your DS doesnt get on with unsweetened, try the sweetened but do not give in a bottle at night because its sweetened with apple juice and is bad for teeth again you can get it as own brand though i dont think co-op do a sweetened own one just unsweetened

We have never had a problem with any of the soya milks she took what ever though she did prefer sweetened (which is all our tiny tescos does) she would take non sweetened

DD1 Angel/Spirited - Glue ear
DD2 Angel - MPI, Excema, Late talker
DD3 Angel - Milk,Soy, nut,egg intollerence, Saliciyte sensitivity, Reflux

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 14:14:04 pm »
Lili we just use Alpro - DS chugs the vanilla like it's candy and would drink a boy of it every day if we let him. It comes in banana, chocolate, strawberry, mixed berry, mocha and plain.  The vanilla is his favourite but he will hapily take strawberry or banana too!

Offline lilisuze

• Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 12:48:50 pm »
I have bought some alpro. Just the plain stuff, not unsweetened.....lets give the guy a chance. Only had a chocolate variety, and it was quite a big tesco we went to. Bought choc snack packs, not the full one. Dont really want him to only drink chocolate milk if I can help it.

I think a lot of this switching milks is a psychological thing for DS. He has not been keen to try something new. Today I told him that we werent allowed to get formula any more from the chemist, and please would he help me choose a big boys milk. He seemed ok, but I am expecting some resistance when I try it tonight. But once this pack of wysoy is gone....its gone.....thats it i have made up my mind. Showed him the mama and baby on the formula, and he seemed to understand that boys who wear pants (sometimes!) and have BBB's ned BigBoy milk.

Update: it worked! he took to the BB milk like it was candy just like you said mashi! So when I am ready, I can just do a milk trial, and give up with the forumla completely. I feel a weight quite literally lifted from me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:57:06 am by lilisuze »
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess