Author Topic: When did your MSPI/MPI baby STTN?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Mypunkin3

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 07, 2011, 14:07:50 pm »
My DD#3 is 10.5 months and still eating 10 oz at night (waking twice for two 5 oz bottles).  DD#2 was also MPI (milk, soy, egg, and most grains) and didn't STTN (12ish hours until about 12 months) and we're going down the same road with dd3.  However, with dd2 she was had a very difficult time growing due to bottle aversions.  DD3 is a large, healthy kiddo (21lbs at 10 mos) and surely, SURELY she can sleep longer than 4 or 5 hours.  It seems like her stomach bothers her at night  ???  Maybe I'm guessing and she's just used to sleeping on a full belly? 
Anyway, we are T-I-R-E-D of getting up multiple times/night.  I thought maybe hearing from you all will either allow me to lessen my expectations of her or encourage me to be stronger and try not feeding her at night. 

She eats about 20-24 oz during the day and eats 3 meals of meats/veggies/fruit.
I am all ears!

Offline greenteamomma

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: When did your MSPI/MPI baby STTN?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 14:00:02 pm »
Have you tried to give her 1 oz or 2 before naps for a couple of weeks to up her intake?  Not too long or it becomes a habit and not to sleep, 20 minutes or so before nap. 

I wonder if she may not be getting enough oz in the day and since she gets it at night.  Check the NW board and the EASY board too.   It may not be a MPI intollerance doing this.  My son STTN since 7 months and had MPI, never officially diagnosed but that is another topic :).

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 21:03:26 pm »
Hi, Do you think that she is waking because of stomach discomfort and has a habit of needing a feed to go back to sleep? I BF so I am not sure if 10oz is a lot but I would have said that 2 NFs is a lot at that age. Are you feeding a hypo allergenic formula?

Offline Mypunkin3

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 16:43:07 pm »
Yes, she's on Neocate.  Sometimes I think her stomach does hurt (if I've tried a new food for example).  Last night she cried for 2 hours after her 2am bottle (not exaggerating) but she had Cheerios at church so that was probably the culprit. I suppose she (we) have always used the bottle to get her back to sleep or try and comfort her so now it's just a habit that she eats during the night.  She also has somewhat of a bottle aversion.  She'll eat 3 or 4 ounces and not want to finish without being coaxed. 
I think we're at the point where I just need to get my courage up and not feed her in the middle of the night and see how it goes. 
I was just curious if other people have as many bad nights as we do.

Offline *Liz*

• Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 16:49:16 pm »
My DS was 11.5mths when he STTN, and DD was about 9 mths.

But we had random NWings with Jacob for a long time after the STTN. TBH he was 2+ before he was reliable, and even now he will still wake for something or other a few nights a week  >:(. Some kids really are just rubbish sleepers, and I guess the MPI just sets a really bad foundation aa with comfort needed for pain habits (and a genuine need for comfort and reassurance) are slowly formed.                                                                     
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 20:41:08 pm by *Liz* »

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 17:36:14 pm »
Well I didn't want to say but at 15 months we rarely get a STTN! Sorry!