Author Topic: Easter craft ideas?  (Read 5058 times)

Offline SammyNik

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Easter craft ideas?
« on: April 10, 2011, 20:53:00 pm »
DS1 (4) has got 3 wks off preschool for easter and already he is missing it ::) So I was thinking of doing some crafty easter things but I am rubbish at that sort of thing so I thought you lovely ladies might have some fab ideas for me?? Something that nearly 2 yo monkeys could help with as well??
Niki - Mummy to 3 beautiful little monkeys.

Offline 15milner

• Showing Appreciation 211
Re: Easter craft ideas?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 21:32:38 pm »
Easter chick finger printing.
Yellow paint finger splodges for the body.
Wait for them to dry.
Orange felt pen to add legs and beak.
Black for the eyes.

Easy!

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 22:36:15 pm »
They're almost 2? Hiding and finding eggs was something Millie wanted to do every day at that age!! She still loves it! We'd put goldfish or a few cheerios in the eggs, hide 20 of them around the downstairs, and she'd have a BLAST finding them!!  I know, that's not a craft, but it's really fun!   :)

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 22:37:06 pm »
I just bought a few activities from poundland to do with M.  Things to make easter cards, a bunny etc.  

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 22:40:05 pm »
We did that too...here there is Michaels' Crafts. They have a TON of stuff there. They have big paper eggs you can paint and then use for decoration. They have millions of stickers and stamps to make pictures and cards. Go wander around a big craft shop...you'll end up with a million ideas!

Just saw this cute simple one to do with paper plates!!!  

http://superfunmama.blogspot.com/2009/04/easter-well-hanging.html

OOOH!!! And this has SO  MUCH!!

http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/holiday-seasonal-crafts/easter-crafts/

*Um...in case you're thinking I'm nuts...I'm taking an online course that is timed....and I am finished, but still have to stay on for the required time... ::)   so I just minimize the course and find other stuff to do...like come here and google ideas for you!   ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 22:53:17 pm by Amelia1227 »

Offline SammyNik

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 12:50:07 pm »
Don't think your nuts at all Anne keep on googling :-* Can't quite believe they will b 2 soon either, time flies!! Thanks for the links will have a look later.

I've been to tesco this am and they have a few Easter craft sets so bought a few of those, will try to pop into poundland soon as well, I'm not crafty at all so like the idea of having instructions to follow!!

Those chicks do sound nice and easy as well will have to dig out the paints, haven't let the little ones loose on paints yet so should b interesting ;)

We are going to be doing an egg hunt Easter weekend with my family but maybe we could have a few trials without the chocolate!!

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 13:34:33 pm »
Use colorful tissue paper, break up/rip/cut into tinier pieces. Scrunch up the pieces and glue all over an oval shaped piece of paper to make a giant, colorful, Easter egg!

If you want to "dye" eggs with your LO...you can use just markers once they are hard boiled. We did real dye but it required a lot of adult doing.

There are easy Easter baskets that you can make out of paper. Your LO can decorate parts of it and you can assemble it and let them use it to collect eggs, etc.

You can use a brown paper lunch bag to make a bunny puppet.

Draw a big fat circle on a piece of paper with ears and a bunny face and let your little one glue cotton balls all over for it's fur. Then let them use finger paints on their fingertips to paint dots (eggs) around the bottom of the paper.

Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline marensmama

• Showing Appreciation 202
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 14:38:56 pm »
This past weekend we made our own bunny ears out of white construction paper with pink 'inner ears', then glued to a paper headband.  Then I put some pink blush on the girl's noses and black whiskers on their cheeks (eyeliner).  They played 'bunnies' for hours, hopping around and nibbling carrots.

I also cut out a basket shape and some egg shapes out of construction paper for them to color and traced their hands on green construction paper.  When I cut out the hands, that was the 'grass' in the basket, which I glued to the eggs and basket, then had them print their names on the front so they had an Easter sign for their bedroom doors.  Maren required less help (but more prodding to complete!! ::) ) so she did most of the gluing on hers.

Super cheap crafts, just paper, crayons, scissors, and a glue stick and they were entertained for hours.  I thought today I'd cut out a large egg shape and a bunch of little shapes and let Hayden go to town gluing the pieces all over to decorate her own big egg.

:)
Nicole - Mom to My Lovely Girls

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 14:57:42 pm »
Oh and the craft stores have those sticker foam shapes, etc. You can use a lot of those for decorating to save yourself the mess of glue if you prefer!

Offline mini me

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • British Mummy living in Greece now back in UK!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 18:19:14 pm »
Here are a few ideas from an Usbourne book:

http://seeinside.usborne.com/default.asp?id=3435&site=4

I think the stand up bunnies are really cute!
Andi

Offline SammyNik

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 19:54:00 pm »
Wow lots of fab ideas, you ladies are obviously much more creative than me ;)

Love the look of those stand up bunnies, so cute and relatively easy I think?? I also love the idea of turning my boys into bunnies, they would LOVE that!!

Nicole 'I' would def prefer the foam stickers lol but DS1 loves to glue ::) Anything will do unfortunately not just the paper!!

Thanks so much everyone, I think we could keep ourselves busy for 3 months with all these ideas :-*

Offline ~*Nicole*~

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 00:31:00 am »
Yeah, DD is big on glue here as well!

And creative or not...I have done NONE of these things. Now you're making me feel I should LOL. I'll try to fit some in the next couple of weeks. It'll break up the days :)

Offline nwmm

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 00:53:25 am »
http://www.makeandtakes.com/

I thought the 4-11 entry was prett darn cute

Offline SammyNik

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 18:57:04 pm »
We made easter cards today, it went ok!! Samuel loved it and did a fab job, Thomas and Finley loved the 1st 5 minutes ::) Still S had a good time finishing their cards for them!!