Author Topic: typical day look like with EASY and starting solids???  (Read 1195 times)

Offline kirstym

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
typical day look like with EASY and starting solids???
« on: April 11, 2011, 10:40:27 am »
when you think you have everything under control and its all going too well, you come across another thing to tackle!!
Just wondered if anyone could please help[ me? my DD is nearly 5 months and is showing signs to start trying some solid (puree) food. looking at me when eating or drinking, cant last between feeds, she is on a 4 hour EASY starting her day at 7am.

when she first trys her baby rice pureed fruit etc.. do i give her after her feeds, as this is still her main nutrients? so give her baby rice at about 8am, but for how many days? and then do i start giving her lunch at about 12?

I would really appreciate it if someone could post me their EASY on feeding times etc for this age

TY

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
Re: typical day look like with EASY and starting solids???
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 10:56:45 am »
Hey there

Yes you're right, milk feeds still come first.  So I always offer solids about 45 mins-1 hour after milk feed. 

with DD1 I started solids about 5.5 months.  we did one meal at lunch time for a few weeks then added breakfast then a few weeks after that added dinner too.  I have actually just started weaning DD2 in the last few weeks and am doing food once a day and will build upto 2 meals quickly enough i think as she's really keen.   So this morning she had banana mashed up and then toast when we were having breakfast.  She is really keen to feed herself so will do a variety of finger foods too. 

So with DD1 our routine when we had 3 meals was something like:

8am Wake up and BF
9am Breakfast
11am Nap
12.30 Wake up and BF
1.30 Lunch
3.30 Nap
5pm  Wake up and BF
5.45/6pm Dinner
8pm BF and bed

HTH x

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
Re: typical day look like with EASY and starting solids???
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 13:10:06 pm »
A good way to think about it is to keep milk feeds as th E part of EASY, and solids are part of the activity since they are mainly for fun and exploration.  I would usually do solids 30min-1hr after milk feeds depending on what fit best into our routine at the time. 

There are some sample routines in these links:
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=68458.0
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=164253.0

HTH :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012