Author Topic: Snack ideas  (Read 1011 times)

Offline besjoux

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: April 12, 2011, 20:23:03 pm »
I need some better snack ideas for my 10 month old. He's not gaining weight quickly (was active and mobile early and NEVER stops moving). Anyways, he does like to snack and eats huge meals. I don't think he's getting enough calories from grahmn crackers or cheerios. Any other ideas?

Offline Mama2boys

• Showing Appreciation 247
Re: Snack ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 21:18:25 pm »
cheese, yoghurt
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 23:26:06 pm »
Cheese and yogurt are good ones here, also cottage cheese, fruit, veggies....I'll try and think of some more.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline besjoux

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 00:58:14 am »
I thought about cheese but he has problems with constipation. So we can't overdue cheese. Does cottage cheese do the same thing? I probably should have mentioned that too. Yogurt is a good one. I will try that.

Offline besjoux

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 01:04:09 am »
Another question. C is almost 10 months old and takes about 22 - 24 (estimate) of EBM a day. That's all I can get him to take. I offer breast, bottle, and sippy. He's WAY into the solids and always has been. Is that enough at this point? He also takes 1 sippy cup of part apple juice and water because it helps him have a BM. The rest of the day I offer milk or ice water in the sippy (he likes ice water because it's fun LOL).

Offline ~inbalance~

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 01:11:29 am »
Not too sure if cottage cheese is constipating.   :-\

I think that would be enough milk if you can squeeze a little dairy into his solids.  Or add other things for good fats and calcium, like avocado, unsalted butter, coconut milk and oil, omegas (fish oils, hemp or flaxseed oils), broccoli for calcium.  That sort of stuff.  If he's getting a well rounded diet then he should be fine if milk is a little short.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010

Offline besjoux

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 10:09:41 am »
He LOVES avocado! We feed 1/2 an avocado a day and he scarves it. I was thinking I Need to cut back because he eats it so often. We are at this in between stage where he wants our food but isn't ready for some of it.

Offline ~inbalance~

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 12:44:18 pm »
Why isn't he ready?  F has been eating all of our food for months.  But I know they're all different.  At least when he is ready you will have more options for him.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010

Offline besjoux

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 19:13:03 pm »
Well, we tried chili last night. I did make it with much less spice and he really wasn't interested. I feel like there are some things he can't eat. Do you feed everything you eat? I would LOVE that and if other's are maybe I won't worry so much LOL. I guess I didn't start with my 1st eating our foods until almost a year. He had many different solids but we didn't do grilled cheese, some casseroles, etc until much later.

Offline ~inbalance~

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 19:20:20 pm »
I remember with T we didn't start giving him our foods until about a year.  But with F we've done BLW, so he's had most of what we eat since very early on.  He just wouldn't eat baby food!  So yes, he eats everything we eat.  We tend to eat fairly healthy anyway.  Obviously I try to avoid salt and sugar, but other than that pretty much anything goes.  Last night he had slow cooker pot roast with carrots and potatoes.  Tonight we're having pork kabobs with peppers, tomatoes, and onions, and he'll be offered all of that.
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010