Author Topic: 12 month old crying with night bottle  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Danielsmommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
12 month old crying with night bottle
« on: April 15, 2011, 00:31:17 am »
My 12 month old just started giving me (new) troubles with his bedtime feeding.  It started last saturday and has progressivly gotten worse. It starte dout as just crying here and there during his feed and have grown to screaming last night and tonight.  Boh nights in between the screams we got 1-2 ounces and then about an hour later got another 4-5 into him.  I don't understand why the sudden change.  He used to take it so good at night.  He is still on formula but he has his 1 year check up tomorrow so will be talking to the doctor about switching as well as what he thinks might be going on here but I thought I'd ask your advice as well. 
Some people have mentioned that it could be teething (he only has 1 tooth) but he doesn't do this at all during the day, and they say teething can be worse at night but when I screams I have to give him his soother to calm him down and wouldn't that bother his gums just as much?

Also overtired but he just started this and has been on the same routine since I went back to work almost a month ago. 

Any suggestions would be great.  Maybe I'm just stupid and not undertstanding whats going on. I do know I'm tired and stressed enough and this isn't helping lol

here is his normal routine

6:15 wake and get ready to leave
7:15 bottle at grandparents
8 breakfast
9 - sippy cup with milk but takes very little
9:30 nap - usually for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours
12 bottle and lunch right after
2 bottle - this is only given when I'm at work as he doesn't take as much during a feed from his granparents as he does from me
2:30 nap 1 1/2 to 2 hours
5:30 supper
7:30 bottle and in bed by 8

This is generally the schedule, when I have him he doesn't get the 2 pm feeding. 

Thanks for reading everyone

Offline Mama_Mia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Re: 12 month old crying with night bottle
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 04:17:30 am »
sounds to me like he may not be hungry. What happens if you dont feed him? Does he cry for it? IS it  possible he's getting full at supper and just not ready to eat again yet?

Offline *Liz*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 05:25:01 am »
Hi - I'm going to move this over to Eating for Toddlers as your LO is now over age 1  :)

Offline AngelaF

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 01:37:54 am »
I was wondering the same thing. My guy is 14 months and suddenly cries at bedtime when he's done with the bottle. He acts like he doesn't want to go to bed but goes right down as soon as I leave the room.

Offline Danielsmommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 19:07:55 pm »
I've been away from the computer for a while.  We just startedted giving him his milk at 7, before his bath and then a little more after it and he seems to drink a lot more.  I think he was just getting too tired.