Author Topic: What to feed 9mo with sensitive tummy  (Read 626 times)

Offline aidenmc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
What to feed 9mo with sensitive tummy
« on: April 16, 2011, 15:09:13 pm »
We've been dealing with constipation, gassiness since introducing solids. We eat no dairy, but I'm thinking of other things to first remove from his diet. Though I try to give mostly homemade food and he's really good at self feeding (though he doesn't fill up on this yet) I also give jarred meals and rusks etc. I want to get back to basics as I wonder if the jars are bothering him (also suspect grains). Not sure if it's the particular veg/ meats in the jars or the fact that they have things like onion powder in them (that would upset my stomach).

So I guess I'm wondering if anyone knows good resources for feeding him a diet that is gentler on his stomach. I feel that I am just so uncertain about WHAT to feed him. And he's a hungry boy who needs 3 solid meals in addition to his milk.
Becky,
Mom to Kieran (10/15/2000); Aiden, (7/ 8/ 2005); and Samuel (7/10/2010)

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
Re: What to feed 9mo with sensitive tummy
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 17:20:13 pm »
Hi Becky, have you ever thought about asking a naturopath?  An ND would most definitely be able to work with your LOs diet restrictions to come up with some ideas for foods.

Really at 9mos you will want to make more of a move towards finger foods anyway, but you can try going back to basics and doing mostly fruit and veg.  If he's sensitive then it might be wise to cut out grains as you are doing and try them again closer to 12mos.  I think you could easily wait a little longer for meats as well.

I really like this book for infant nutrition:  http://www.sproutright.com/book.php  She goes into detail about food sensitivities as well and you might find it very helpful. 

HTH :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012