Author Topic: MSPI 11 months - when did you trial?  (Read 6975 times)

Offline *Liz*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 394
  • Living beyond
Re: MSPI 11 months - when did you trial?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 05:27:52 am »
The official line from my dietician was to try gluten and eggs at 9 mths, then soy at 11 mths, and leave dairy until 12 mths. But when I phoned at 9 mths and explained I had to quit BFing immediately they said there was no harm in trying earlier as long as I was happy to do so.

My first dairy trial was obviously the formula.

Megan used to have a nappy full of visible blood just via BM so it really is amazing how fast they can outgrow sometimes  :).

I would think he only needs repeat stool sample if he becomes unsettled Kara.

Lizzie - Megan does need her reflux meds to tolerate this stuff (and the teething). But I think you have a good plan. We are mainly getting away with one dose of losec a day now as well, but teething is a nightmare!

Offline mmom

• Showing Appreciation 96
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 10:12:18 am »
Thank you so much ladies!

Teething is a nightmare here too Liz.  Actually, I can see why - I saw blood blisters on C's gums. No wonder he has been so cranky!
Kara

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 11:05:33 am »
Hi Kara just following along too. DD is 10m now, I am all but on a normal diet now (YAY!!) and although her BMs have got a lot harder (constipation was the reason I gave up dairy) she isn't struggling or screaming with them *touchwood.* So I am tempted to try her on dairy soon...I didn't know yoghurt was recommended to try, that's useful to know.

Liz that's amazing that M is on all those foods!! I am desperate to get DD on a more normal diet now, feels like hers is SO restricted and I'm worried it's making her fussy ::)
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline mmom

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 16:24:16 pm »
Charli, I feel like they don't know they are on a restricted diet, so it doesn't bother me from that standpoint.  Fortunately, M is so picky that it is not like he is asking me for my food.  Good luck though!

My issue is loose BMs.  They are on and off like that and I can't figure out why.  After I wrote about no change, C had an explosive BM when I got him.  This is the part I am unsure of.
Kara

Offline LizzieN

• Showing Appreciation 143
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 22:36:44 pm »
Charli, constipation was the huge issue for us with DD too, DS is the opposite, hence the GF trial.  Honestly though, the diet feels restricted to you because you can see other foods that you would normally be introducing, but your LO won't realise there is anything missing :) 

Liz, yeah teething gets a bit rough here too although it's mainly flaring her wind, as long as I ensure she has water she isn't getting too blocked now :)

For us (or DH really) it's getting the kids off the meds which is a priority, or at least trying.....personally I am not so worried about them being on it, but I need to respect DHs opinion and for him he would prefer us to be on a more limited diet and have them meds free...which is why we are trying to wean them before we do reintroductions.

Teething really does make it hard though doesn't it?

How is C going on the yogurt now Kara?

Lots of love to you all
xx

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline mmom

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 23:07:32 pm »
He seems to be ok Lizzie.  Just loose BMs.  but as I mentioned, they have been coming and going, so it is hard to tell.  He doesn't appear to be in pain at all though.

My DH is the same with the meds.  I just want pain free kids.
Kara

Offline LizzieN

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 23:14:26 pm »
Maybe go off it for a week and watch those BMs, see if they "normalise"...you may need to only give a very little dairy for a time :)

Hugs and glad things are going ok!  Right there with you about pain free babies, I was SO anti meds with DS and it was a HUGE mistake which I seriously regret xx

Offline mmom

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 14:32:05 pm »
Well, C has gotten very refluxy and I am assuming this is from the yogurt. :(  I have been watching him swallow repeatedly and yesterday he even threw up some after swallowing for a while. Sleep seems to be getting worse too.  I am so disappointed about this.

What do I do?  Stop the yogurt and maybe try again in a month or so? 
Kara

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 14:46:33 pm »
If it were me I'd probably stop and wait 3 months before trying again. Is he on probiotics?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline mmom

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 16:21:04 pm »
He is not on probiotics atm.  I ran out and since he was eating yogurt, didn't buy more.  I didn't give any yogurt this morning.   I will give it time I guess. 
Kara

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 16:31:05 pm »
I'd definitely re-start probiotics. Even if he were eating yogurt, the probiotics are not as well absorbed that way (due to the sugars). Culturelle is a GREAT one for actually surviving the digestive system and is dairy, soy and gluten free I believe.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline LizzieN

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 12:05:57 pm »
My kids always reflux really badly if they are getting sick...hope your LO isnt' getting unwell sweetie xx

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2011, 12:07:14 pm »
That too - with DD being ill always made (and still does at nearly 6!) her have reflux flares. Teething did the same.

Offline mmom

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2011, 13:59:58 pm »
The reflux seems to be subsiding a bit.  His naps are off, but that could be a result of the 2-1 and not the reflux.  I am not sure.

I am picking up a probiotic today.

I hope he isn't getting sick.  We had a lot of illness for months and I would like some peace!
Kara

Offline Mom to M&M

• Cool dude!
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 14:23:53 pm »
Glad it seems to be subsiding... I'd try to pick up the Culturelle - pretty easy to find and our holistic doc swears it's one of the best!