Author Topic: What can you feed your sensitive baby AND growing toddler? (meal ideas)  (Read 868 times)

Offline Roseii

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 198
I think we're coming out of the other side of MSPI with DD2 but still being careful and I need to include lots of good laxative foods ie. pear (which goes down well so that's good)

DD1 is getting a bit fussy but generally eats everything...

So I need (ideally freezable) meal ideas...I am thinking along the lines of cottage pie...

DD2 likes to feed herself but won't eat pasta which DD1 LOVES so that's a pain  ::)

I know Martina, Liz, Marsha, Mukta, Kara...You've all got/had toddlers and sensitive babes, what "joint" meals do you feed them??

Thanks  :-* :-* :-*
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline Mama2boys

• Showing Appreciation 247
Hey Charli, I make a stew that both kids can eat, also a savoury porridge and a rice/lentils dish. These are all derivative of 'Indian food' but really not spicy and you can add any flavors you like.

we have an added thing where DS1 will eat some amount of chicken occasionally and kebabs etc but DS2 won't tuch meats so mianly veggie options.
9 and 6, oh boy!

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
Not sure what to tell you Charli, all 4 of us eat the same foods for just about every meal!  (not the same thing every meal, just we all eat the same meals).  Once F was over being sensitive, about 9mos, it just became a free for all in this house!  lol
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
That's great Martina, we are way off getting there ::) Partly because DH gets home so late so the days he's working him and I eat once the girls are in bed...So often I'm making one thing for DD1, another for DD2 and something else for me and DH :-\

Mukta what do you do for protein for DS2 if he doesn't have meat? DD2 isn't crazy on it either.
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline Mama2boys

• Showing Appreciation 247
eggs, yoghurt and milk, lentils/beans as well. i knwo i ahve bene giving DS2 eggs since he was 10 months! :)

I just made a pasta dish that both liked
 cook the pasta, then in a pan, throw in some EVOO, pasta and while its warm add some veggies and beaten up egg, the egg coats everrything ut the food is not super eggy..almsot like fried rioce but fried pasta! and we used whole wheat pasta :)
9 and 6, oh boy!