Author Topic: 15 mo still with food/wind issues  (Read 12595 times)

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 15 mo still with food/wind issues
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 19:05:23 pm »
I think he is OK on Calprofen (ibuprofen) which I have always thought works better for him anyway so all is not lost. Especially as he had a temp of 39 today and is covered in a rash!

We have now taken him of soy, gluten and high frucotse fruits and veg (his beloved BN squash  :'()leaving us with not very much at all. Hopefully it will pay off soon though he is restless at night anyway whilst he is poorly. Even with this though we can tell a difference in his tummy. He is much less bloated even to the point I thought DH had put his nappy on too tight but actually it is just where it isn't so round anymore!

Offline Edesanja

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 20:36:20 pm »
Glad that there's an improvement! Now just to narrow down what the actual problem is!

What's wrong with BN squash (I presume the BN is butter nut and squash= pumpkin?). Because pumpkin is on the all-good lists that I have ???
Jenny - mama to

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 20:59:42 pm »
On some lists it is high that I have found! We can only trial it and put it back again.

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2011, 00:51:52 am »
Still sounds promising BB, will be interesting to see if he goes from strength to strength when the fever and feeling unwell settles down.

Offline sherry lynn

• Showing Appreciation 127
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 17:17:42 pm »
We are still having wind issues as well. 2 hour night waking last night due to wind :(
DS#1: 30 Oct 2007
DS#2 19 Feb 2010

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 17:45:27 pm »
Hi sherry and sorry xx have you any ideas what is causing the wind??

Offline Edesanja

• Showing Appreciation 39
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2011, 20:03:26 pm »
Hi Sherry, what is E's food situation at the moment?

Jenny - mama to

Offline EloysH

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2011, 21:23:58 pm »
so how long has been been on low fructose and what do you think, is it having an effect?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2011, 21:45:48 pm »
Has been about a week now and yes the first 2 nights he did seem better. Then this viral infection hit and he spent the last 5 nights in with me/us.  :-[ ::) TBH he has had odd nappies so I wonder if he had a bit of a stomach bug too.  However, it is 22.40 here and he hasn't stirred yet. For the last few nights he has woken at 21.15 on the nose with wind. Between dinner and BT he was passing wind like there was no tomorrow!

Wouldn't you know it - he is starting to stir as I type  ::)

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2011, 22:20:36 pm »
30mins and 2 farts later he seems to have settled again.  :P

He clearly still has lots of wind. I have replaced his normal apple/pear based fruit purees with a banana/peach one I found so tomorrow we are going to take peach out and see if it sorbitol he is reacting too. Would go along with the Calpol bad night.

Offline sherry lynn

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2011, 23:37:54 pm »
E is Soy and Dairy free, with no real sign of being being able to introduce them back.
I do low gluten but not gluten free.

The thing I HATE the most about food intolerance is it really makes you guys everything. I never know if it's food or a routine issue.

He eats a lot of the same things. Only because I'm not all the creative with DH work schedule being the crap that it always is and he is entering the picky phase.

The hard thing too is it's not every day with food intolerance, it can be built up and to me that is the hardest hardest thing :(
The things it could have been last night.
He had a whole pear yesterday and the day before. They weren't super ripe like they should be.
He had some pasta bake with some spices. He loves loves loves spices but it does seem to mess with him.... or it could have been the tomato base it was in. But two days before that he had spaghetti and was fine :(
Difference there is whole wheat noodles versus the elbow mac type.

I hope ye settled for you..... I'm glad he got a lot of wind out before bedtime :)  *fingers crossed for you* E has been rolling around in bed for 37 minutes now :(
DS#2 19 Feb 2010

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 08:44:26 am »
Hi, Olly did STTN after that 30 min episode! YAY!

Totally know how you feel Sherry. xxx  Ifeel like we are analysing EVERYTHING that goes in his mouth now down to drinks and medicines trying to find the culprit of this gas. Even down to HOW he is eating and drinking. It is so mentally wearing and then of course you are physically exhausted due to the NWs. I often wonder how different my life would be if I had one of these babies who STTN from an early age and can eat everything. I would have had a year of sleep and so much less anxiety!

Offline EloysH

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 11:08:57 am »
Well BB, it looks like the jury is still out, he may go back to sttn once the sickenss and the capol are gone.

Sherry, tomato and spices are both very high salicylates.   I wouldn't expect pear to create a problem.

huge hugs I too know how it feels to question everything when they are unsettled.  That's why I go to great lengths to contol his new food introductions and repeat food challenges etc. I have to admit though, I have been getting more lax in the last month, he seems to be tolerating more and more foods  ;D

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:26:15 am by EloysH »

Offline sherry lynn

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 18:18:25 pm »
E- Yeah for more and more foods!!!!
C- Yeah for a STTN

Another bad night. At least DH was home last night by the time it happened. I tried to help but it just got worse because then he wanted me. Some how, he hasn't gotten it in his head that he wants to be held to sleep. I don't know how or when. We've done this MAYBE twice since he was very very little. To tell the truth, he's just not good at falling asleep in our arms and last night, the night before was no different. He tosses and turns. The only thing I can think of is he's just uncomfortable (in pain) so he wants to be held for comfort. ??? I don't know if he passed gas in the end last night. But he def. did the night before. Lots of farts, then a huge burp and then he went right to sleep,. on his own, in his bed right after he got that burp out.
Speak of the munchkin, he's up. :)
DS#2 19 Feb 2010

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2011, 12:32:07 pm »
Another gassy night last night. I don't know what more we can take out of his diet. DH suggested banana last night and I nearly cried. Banana is about the only snack left that will fill him up till his next meal. And he loves it. In fact I swear he said it today - might be his first word lol. Going to phone our Allergist today and see if he can offer any help.