Author Topic: morning milk  (Read 1298 times)

Offline lilly_kitt

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: April 22, 2011, 20:33:50 pm »
Hi

Tyler is 17 months old, he has a bottle when he wakes and then brekkie an hour later.  Ideally I would prefer to give the bottle after brekkie but as he wakes early (6am) this bottle usually gives us an extra hour or so (work full-time so every hour counts).  I know he should be on sippy cup for milk and is for everything else.

Any ideas as I think the milk is interfering with his brekkie even though he only has 4oz.

Thanks

Sarah

Offline lilly_kitt

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 06:38:42 am »
anyone ?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: morning milk
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 06:44:15 am »
It's up to you really - if you think the milk is having an impact on breakfast then you will need to give it afterwards or with it in a sippy cup.

We swapped milk to after breakfast when my DD was 13 months because she wasn't eating anything. I just offered it in a cup as a mid-morning snack with toast. She didn't take much at first but will happily drink a 6oz cup most days now. We just gave breakfast when we got up then get dressed etc after.

Laura

Offline squeakersmum

• Steph
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • So grown up already!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 06:50:30 am »
Ben still has milk at 7.30 - probably around 7oz - either through a straw or in a mug. Then has breakfast an hour later, which he still scoffs down! TBH he went through a stage around 18 months where he wouldn't eat much b'fast but I didn't want to shift b'fast up an hour and his eating was generally wonky around that time anyway.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 12:19:53 pm »
Ben still has milk at 7.30 - probably around 7oz - either through a straw or in a mug. Then has breakfast an hour later, which he still scoffs down! TBH he went through a stage around 18 months where he wouldn't eat much b'fast but I didn't want to shift b'fast up an hour and his eating was generally wonky around that time anyway.

This. Well my DS (22.5 months) has almost totally given up milk now that I took his bottle away BUT I do still offer about 4 ounces in a cup right after waking. And DD had milk in a cup (again about 4 ounces) after waking until she was at least 3. She was an EW and I didn't want to deal with breakfast right away and she didn't really either. So we did milk and then breakfast 1 hour or more later.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01