Author Topic: Is there a mistake in the book?  (Read 913 times)

Offline pastiesupper

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 22, 2011, 12:57:11 pm »
Hi, Just new to the forum. I have a 14wk old daughter. I am trying to increase her hours between feeds, the goal being 4 but I have discovered a problem.  The book gives you a plan on 2 weeks to do this. I'm on day4. It says to feed at 12.15 and nap 1 1/4 hrs, then eat at 1.15, but thats only
1 hr! So I woke and fed her at 1.30. It throws off the rest of the day. Also the other days have the same problem. Has anyone else found this? ???

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
Re: Is there a mistake in the book?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 18:22:33 pm »
Hi - yes I think other people have found this confusing! I'd suggest you just take the principles of the transition but don't pay much attention to the detailed times given in the book. The basic idea is just to extend A times gradually, one at a time - so if you're extending the first A time then keep the other A times the same until she's settled into that. Then work on the next one, etc... Hope you have more success with that than we did - our DS was never a good daytime sleeper until (possibly??) now, well, we're still working on it! So our transition was a bit wonky - I think a lot of people have problems with it but if you do then there are lots of helpful people on here to guide you through... But as I said, hope it goes better for you - and don't worry about following the exact details in the book, just the principles. HTH...

Offline Jiinx

• Showing Appreciation 148
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 18:13:07 pm »
I agree with trimbler :)
The example in the book and in the forum's sample schedules (http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=164027.0) are just that- examples. Some of them may be exact for some bubs, but most of their are just a guide to help you. Your lo will show/guide you to what she really prefers.

Are you doing okay? Hope you're having better days.
*Sarah*

Offline pastiesupper

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 19:16:54 pm »
Hi, thank you both for your comments, pearls of wisdom:)
It's been such a battle with this LO. From birth she was such a windy baby, I mean crying in pain the majority of the day and groaning, straining, unsettled at night. We tried everything, infacol, colief drops, dentinox colic relief, gaviscon and then a combination of all of them. We changed her milk and the health visitor changed it again and again. Finally 2 weeks ago thay changed her milk again to Neocate for babies with cow milk protein allergy and she is so much better, no groaning at night, no screaming through feeds,  or skin rash, fab! We have a happy smiley baby. So with all that I was hoping to concentrate on the sleeping through the night thing. Probably need to chill a bit and take her lead.
Thank you again for the advice, it's greatly appreciated in the blur whirlwind that is babyhood.

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 08:59:32 am »
Sounds like you've had a tough start - so glad you've found the solution to your LO's digestive issues, that's bound to help loads :) Enjoy your happy smiley baby!