Author Topic: Earlier waking and grumpy with it  (Read 780 times)

Offline Spleenie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Earlier waking and grumpy with it
« on: April 23, 2011, 16:30:57 pm »
Hello,

My daughter is nearly 8 months old and her EASY was as follows :-

7.30 - Wake
8.30 - Bottle and Breakfast
10.30 - Nap
11.45 - Awake
12.30 - Bottle and Lunch
2.30 - Nap
3.45 - Awake
4.30 - Bottle and Tea
6.45 - Last bottle, ready to go to sleep for 7.15 - 7.30ish ......... Is a later bedtime needed?

Since Tuesday she has been waking up at 6.30am, today it was 6am. She has recently had a teething spell and started nursery for 1 day a week.She doesnt nap great at nursery so not sure if this has anything to do with it or not.

I havent got a problem with the earlier waking if she woke up in her normal cheery way but she doesnt, she wakes up very crabby!

Does her EASY need tweaking at all?

Her EASY now is roughly as follows:-

6.30am - Wake
7.20 - Bottle and Breakfast
10.45 - Nap
11.30 - Awake
11.45 - Bottle and Lunch
2.45 - Nap
4 - Awake
4.30 - Bottle and Tea
7 - Bottle and bed for 7.15 / 7.30 ish

So far today it is :-

6am - Wake
7.20 - Bottle and Breakfast
10 - Nap
11 - Awake
11.45 - Bottle and Lunch
1 - Nap in the car
2 - Awake
3.45 - Bottle
4.55 - Tea
5.05 - Nap
5.45 - Woke her up

It's all over the place at the moment!

Thankyou for reading x x x
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 16:37:11 pm by Spleenie »

Offline Jiinx

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
Re: Earlier waking and grumpy with it
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 17:39:03 pm »
hey hun!
 It could be that she's ready for more A time or less daytime. I don't think she's going through the 2-1 just yet, but it may be just around the corner.

I've noticed, although she's waking earlier, she is getting 11 hours of sleep? At least 10.5? She can still do a full A time with that and I think you've been doing that.

One day, she had an A time of 4 hours and a bit and she did 1 hour and 15 - does she wake early? She did, more recently, 4 hours and she woke at 1 hour - happy? She could be near 4 hours and 30 minutes..and if that's the case, her second A may need to be longer. Babies usually increase their A time as the day progresses. So if she's at 4 hours for the first A time, she probably would need 4 hours and 30...etc.

I may be getting ahead of myself but I think just a tweak is needed..her A time after her nap to bedtime may need to be longer if she's getting a full restorative nap.

What do you think?
sarah
*Sarah*

Offline Spleenie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 19:17:07 pm »
Hiya, thank you for your reply!

I think the problem was a brewing cold! She woke up yesterday with such a snotty nose and after giving her some Calpol lastnight before bed she slept till 7.35 this morning. I now remember her doing the same at Christmas, I think she gets really restless for a few days prior to the cold errupting.

Today she did the following -

7.30 - Wake
11 - Nap
12.30 Awake
4.30 - Nap
5 - Awake
7.30 Sleep

Does this look okay?

I return to work in June and the odd morning I will have to wake her up at 6.30am, will this totally mess up her routine? How does dropping her nap work? Soooo confusing! x x x

Offline Jiinx

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 01:29:25 am »
Hi there!
Oh poor dear. Hope she's feeling better soon.

It looks okay. She may have given you an OT nap due to being up for 4 and half hours..hopefully it won't affect her naps.

nap dropping takes time hun. You still have a ways to go! It's really not as bad as it seems..it's like dropping the catnap. There's a lot of support on the naps board..take a peek.

Again you have tons of time. This won't happen overnight and you still have time.

She'll just increase her A time as the months go on and her naps will get shorter as well.
*Sarah*

Offline Spleenie

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 09:48:54 am »
Thanks ever so much for the support and reassurance! It's so nice to get someone elses input and advice, thanks again x x x