Author Topic: I need adivice as I'm new to food allergies  (Read 5307 times)

Offline Grants

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • Mr 'I know exactly what I want!'
Re: I need adivice as I'm new to food allergies
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 11:07:28 am »
M had 2 green poops (first thing in the morning) this week. Some nights (NWs) it feels like he is having cramps? DH thinks he is off the wrong thing (dairy). Maybe he has a problem with wheat and not dairy???? But I can’t begin to imagine how hard it must be to cut wheat off a toddler’s diet. That’s why NAET is my only hope TBH. Any thoughts about the green poop?

Anna, I did the SLS test. It didn't look any different but tbh we are going to try changing the washing powder and soap (for SLS free) as M's skin is very sensitive. So I'm sure it will be beneficial. I’m just waiting for the end of my exams and then I will be able to dedicate to clothes washing etc....

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 13:19:15 pm »
Hi, so is it about 2 weeks he has been off dairy now?? You saw improvements at first but not so much now right? Are you sure there is no hidden dairy in his diet?

As for wheat, there are good gluten free bread, flours and pasta easily available. You could give this a go for a week or so?

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 14:21:15 pm »
Or you can get the food intolerance/IgG test done that I had sent you - that might provide some answers?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Grants

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 14:59:43 pm »
quote author=Buntybear link=topic=190999.msg2210681#msg2210681 date=1304774355]Hi, so is it about 2 weeks he has been off dairy now?? You saw improvements at first but not so much now right? Are you sure there is no hidden dairy in his diet?[/quote]

Yes. It is about 2 weeks or so.  And yes I saw some improvement with the NWs but I'm not sure if it was because of the dairy and or the visitors. As DS was really busy with the visitors here+ he didn’t nap much either when they were here.
We are managing the eczema but it is not that great TBH. What do you mean about hidden dairy? Could you please elaborate a bit more on that Bunty?

you can get the food intolerance/IgG test done that I had sent you

Karen I did have a look on that but it looks like a lot of hassle as it is a US based thing and TBH I didn't really understand much about the ordering kit etc. I think it would be a great thing for us if we lived in  the US but to try and deal with something like this over here I think it will be a bit of a nightmare.

As for wheat, there are good gluten free bread, flours and pasta easily available. You could give this a go for a week or so?

I know. Thankfully we have a great variety of these in the UK. But wheat is almost in everything, iykwim?!?
Taking dairy off his diet is difficult in itself as his options of meals at nursery are limited now+ we have to provide the milk, bread spread etc at nursery. I can't imagine how worse it will get for the wheat, iykwim?!? Plus is soooo sad for him not to have dairy though :( He loves his coconut/rice milk but he really misses his cheese, pizza etc...... :(

We are just waiting for the NAET practitioner to get back from holiday for us to start the treatment. Is there anything we can do in the meanwhile? Apart from cutting the wheat as I’m dreading it :(

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 15:42:15 pm »
Hi, I TOTALLY know how hard is is - see the allergies Olly has??!! And now we are cutting certain types of fruit too!

I am not sure what you can do except for cut out the foods that you think are casuing the irritation (mucous and pain). I wish there was a cure or even some medecine to help!

Our nursery is pretty good when it comes to Olly's food. I only have to supply our own milk (and bread if I want him to have it) but they adapt their meals for him.

Hidden diary is just the dairy that is kind of cooked into things KWIM - ie there is milk in salt and vinegar crisps etc...

If you do want to do a wheat free trial I can help with some meal plans/recipes for you so that you can get it all in and it won't be so daunting  :P

Offline Grants

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 15:49:26 pm »
Thank you for holding my hand Bunty! :) I will PM you when/if I'm ready for it. It is just not a good time now with my exams. If I'm going to cut anything I need to be 100% with it and there is too much going on in our lives atm. Iykwim?!?!

Have you heard about NAET Bunty? It seems really good and claims to cure these kinds of allergies. I will def have a go at it for DS and myself as conventional medicine is pretty useless for this kind of thing.
xxx

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 15:55:32 pm »
Yep, when you are ready - a week shouldn't be too hard for you to trial it and should hopefully see some results.

No, not heard of it. DH is VERY iffy about anything 'alternative' so would take a lot of convincing!

Offline Grants

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 16:03:21 pm »
Thanks.

Have a look at this thread. http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=189220.0
It is where I found out about NAET and then I realised I also had the NAET book as DH bought me the book ages ago for my own allergies and I ignored it completly. Now I'm slowly reading it and I'm amazed with the whole theory and we are going to treat DS too. It does sounds a bit 'out there' at first but if it works who cares!! lol

I will keep you updated with our treatment and I will let you know if it works for us.
Koe is having success with NAET and another person on the thread also mentioned that their DH had been cured as well.