Author Topic: Need HELP with a very picky 2 year old  (Read 966 times)

Offline evans and bethans mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Need HELP with a very picky 2 year old
« on: May 07, 2011, 15:57:01 pm »
 Hi,
     Please can someone advise me,
 My little girl is a very picky eater or so i think.
For brekkie she will have 2 small pancakes the ones like american pancakes.
for lunch she has primula cheese spead on a torilla or a sandwich with a cheese stick.
snacks are mainly bananas and juice.
Tea time is fish fingers or chicken dippers if im lucky sometime she wont eat.
She is up at the table with her brother who is a very good eater, supprising as he is autistic lol.
She also will eat yoghurts.
i do put on her plate a small bit of whatever her brother has but i dont overload her plate.
I did see the community nursary nurse a while ago and she was weighed and she is a little under what she should be but they are not worried.
She looks very healthy and is a typical 2 year old very very fiesty and moody lol.
what do you all think.

Offline michelle33

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Re: Need HELP with a very picky 2 year old
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 18:52:27 pm »
My 2 year old DS can be exactly the same at times. One day he will eat something and really enjoy it and ask for more and when I give it to him the next day he spits it out in disgust! Very frustrating! Just keep doing what you're doing, I think its quite normal at this age and wouldn't worry. Maybe think about vitamins for a while to ensure she's getting everything she needs. I also get my lo to help me in the kitchen which he loves. A very frustrating time but sure you're doing an amazing job, just stay calm with it all! (Easier said than done) x