Author Topic: Started early. Now don't know what to do.  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Mom-o

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Started early. Now don't know what to do.
« on: May 09, 2011, 12:36:56 pm »
Hi Mommies,

I started my LO on solids (rice cereal) at 4 months. Recommeded by the Public Health Nurse because we were to move to London and I was to start work. However that has all fallen through and we are staying in Ireland and the silver line is that I am stayin at home to be with LO and keep EBF.

I didn't want to confuse baby and kept feeding her the spoon. I also started it at the 3pm feed instead of morning on advice from another mom. (This was pre BW!!)

So my question is.... No one gives advice about what food to give DD from4-6months. I'm very aware that 6 months was the best time to start solids and I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong now trying to spread out stage one while DD turn 6month.
I've given rice advocado and banana. We are getting close to 6 months and I am still giving just puree. DD isn't sitting independantly but has great head control.

How do I know to introduce a morning spoon? we are still on 4hr easy. I imagine DD only eating when she's awake trying to fit it all in!

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
Re: Started early. Now don't know what to do.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 13:12:35 pm »
You can try introducing breakfast 30mins-1hr after her morning milk feed.  Some other things you can try are pears or sweet potatoes.  But if it doesn't all fit in yet it's ok to wait a little until her routine stretches out a bit and you have more time.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline Mom-o

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 13:21:47 pm »
I was thinking of that. I'd prefer, because of reactions rick, to introduce in the mornings. If I've the second feed I can do that.

When do I start challenging her. Giving thicker food, lumps etc?

Offline ~inbalance~

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 13:54:42 pm »
I think since she is still under 6mos, lumps are best left until later on.  I would try a variety of smooth purees for a few more weeks still before moving on to lumps.  After 6mos, probably closer to 7, you can try some lumpier foods and finger foods.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010

Offline Mom-o

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 21:07:46 pm »
Thanks Martina that really helps :)

I'm sure all this is a little easier once you've done it before. Everything is my first as well as hers!!!

Offline ~inbalance~

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 21:58:39 pm »
It's overwhelming the first time, but also new and exciting!  It wasn't nearly as fun for me the second time, lol.  Good luck and enjoy!  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010