Author Topic: Moucous poops but no other symptoms  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Messa

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
  • Simply Gorgeous!
Moucous poops but no other symptoms
« on: May 09, 2011, 15:50:46 pm »
Hi my DS is 3 months old and for the last few weeks he has had some pretty green and moucousy poops.

I chalked it up to him having a cold and a horendous runny nose that he was always snuffiling and swallowing  :-X  .... then he was/is drooling like MAD and sucking on his fingers and swallowing TONS of slobber.

He never seems to be in discomfort....hardly ever spits up....doesn't cry or act disturbed....doesn't hunch up in pain etc. etc.

Sometimes it looks as if it is heading back to normal yellow and seedy with very little moucous then it goes back to the green moucousy poo.

We do have some sleep issues but think it is just he developmental 45 min nap monster so...

What do I do?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 15:52:21 pm by Messa »
Melissa

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Moucous poops but no other symptoms
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 20:50:41 pm »
It could well be the cold or teething. Only other suggestions would go to the doctor or try taking dairy out. xx

Offline Messa

• Showing Appreciation 111
  • Simply Gorgeous!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 21:01:43 pm »
The last few days he as actually had some spit up...not much mind you maybe 2x a day (but is out of the norm for him) and his poop was really runny this morning.

He is also off his feedings.  I am having a really hard time getting him to eat unless he is tired then he eats for about 10 mins (normally 20-30) and passes out?

He is over the snotty nose has been for about a week. 

Haven't noticed any sign of teeth just the hand sucking and drooling.
Melissa

Offline Rachel_Momto3boys

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 23:23:49 pm »
It could be a sign of a dairy intolerance.  My LO started having green mucuousy blood streaked stools at 7 wks old and after an elimination diet (I'm BFing') we found that he's allergic to dairy.soy,egg,and tomatoes.  Since I've eliminated his allergens from my diet all of his symptoms cleared up.  Like I said, he had green mucousy (really runny too) stools at around 7 wks but leading up to that he had terrible baby acne, ezcema, and silent reflux (mainly terrible nasal congestion).  He was a really happy baby, just a little fussy in the evenings but nothing bad.  But once I eliminated his allergens from my diet ALL of his problems went away and he's been great ever since.  It wasn't over night though, it took a good 4 wks to see everything go away.  It took time to get stuff out of my diet, out of his system and his little intestines to heal.  You didn't mention if you are FF or BFing, but you could always cut out dairy and see if it makes a difference. 

One last thing, half of all babies who have trouble with dairy also have trouble with soy, so you may want to cut that out to.  If you're formula feeding you may want to try a formula like Nutramigen or Alimentum...and if those don't work, possibly Neocate or Elecare.  If your Bfing, avoid all obvious and hidden dairy to see a difference.  It's difficult but you can check out kellymom.com to find a list of ingredients that are dairy or dairy derived.  And if you don't see an improvement after 2 wks or so then it's probably safe to assume you LO's problem may be something else.
Rachel
Mom to 3 boys
Augustboy02 - Sensational Sensory Kid
Decemberboy04 - former reflux baby
Augustboy10 - MSPI Baby - EBF w/elimination diet