Author Topic: Journey with 7 mos old,what to expect,what to do?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline feniletilamin

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Journey with 7 mos old,what to expect,what to do?
« on: May 12, 2011, 06:50:22 am »
Hi there!
We are going to holiday in 15 days with my DD who will be almost 7 mos old.The journey will take app. 12 hours,first by train (3 hours),than by plane(3 1/4 hours) and finally by car (2 1/2 hours).
She's on 4 hours EASY,can sleep by herself( in her crib,dark room),can't sleep longer than half an hour in pram/car seat.So when it's sleeping time can I rock her in my arms?(works well)
She was born premature so we've just started to introduce solids,having bottle feed with formula.
She can't seat by herself,doesn't have long-term interest to anything.
Generally likes shopping centers,cries in crowded environments.
She my first baby and this is our first trip so I don't know what to do,what to expect,what to prepare.
I'd be glad if you share your experiences and ideas...

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: Journey with 7 mos old,what to expect,what to do?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 10:59:20 am »
The key is going to be being flexible.  Sounds like if you need to do a little AP to get through the travel, she will easily fall back into routine (I could be wrong ;) )

Great travel tips can be found here:
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=85823.0
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=127529.0

Also moving this post to the Activity board for you.

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline JJshappymum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 04:40:35 am »
Your little one will probably sleep most of the time, especially on the plane. The sound lulls them to sleep. I would say to leave the solids for when you arrive. If you give a bottle that is the easiest and most convenient way to travel. You want to avoid messes and your little one doesn't really depend on solid food for calories at the moment anyway.
Bring new toys and a new book that will keep her interested and most of all bring two changes of clothing.
Like pp said, be flexible and don't be afraid to spoil her while travelling.
Have fun!

Offline feniletilamin

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 15:01:17 pm »
Thank you both! ;D
RachelC,I have been reading the links and there are really useful informations..
JJshappymum,I hope she can sleep on the plane but white noise doesn't work for her,we went to Brussels yesterday and she slept only 30 min.(it took 2 1/2 to go)
Good think is,she started to enjoy solids so I'm gonna take some with me for activity on train.
Does security allows takin allready prepared formula to plane?I read the experiences of other mums but it's not so clear... ???