Author Topic: Milk allergy  (Read 1304 times)

Offline mjohnson33

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Cole
« on: May 12, 2011, 18:14:57 pm »
I EBF my son who is 4 months old with the exception of one formula bottle before bed.  He is a very restless child and has been since about 8 weeks old.  I started swaddling him and it seemed to help but now its getting worse.  I have one cup of cottage cheese a day and drink a protein shake.  But that is really the only dairy I have.  My question is what are signs of a milk allergy?  Would that little bit of daily protein cause him to be restless during sleeping?? 

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Milk allergy
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 22:35:09 pm »
Just popping this over to the food allergy board for you :)

I wouldn't suspect an allergy/intolerance if restlessness is your only symptoms, tbh... Any eczema, poop problems, discomfort at all? Do you notice that restlessness is any worse after eating dairy? Have you tried eliminating dairy to see if there's any improvement?
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline mjohnson33

• Showing Appreciation 2
  • Cole
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 14:04:55 pm »
He does have a little eczema and it flares up but I eat the same amount of dairy daily.  He doesnt seem to have poop problems, he is a little constipated at times but my dr said it could be from the reflux medicine.  I have not tried eliminating the dairy.  I do give him a bottle of milk based formula at night before bed for the last month.  He has been restless for a long time but it seems to have gotten worse this last week.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Milk allergy
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 21:42:05 pm »
HI, http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=189899.0 this thread might help a bit. Let us know what you think  :)