Author Topic: 6.5 month old bored or spoiled?  (Read 6076 times)

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: 6.5 month old bored or spoiled?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 17:25:16 pm »
I have an alternate suggestion: can the older boys start to help with some of the slack? Once a week vacuuming and making dinner and doing a load of laundry from start to finish - it's their clothing too, right? ;) - won't break their backs. ;D That and making friends with a slow cooker for at least one meal a week (2 or 3 is good too ;)) have saved the sanity of lots of folks.

And then when DGS begins to work out of this phase (into some other thing like teething LOL), you'll have a nice foundation laid and you'll get to put up your feet once in a while. Ideally, anyway.

But seriously, this too shall pass. He may also be clingy if he's cutting teeth, and once they're in there'll be more..... (must stop now, having flashbacks. LOL)

Offline Mama_Mia

• Showing Appreciation 22
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 17:34:46 pm »
LOL, he is teething. One tooth has just come through the gums a bit and by the way he is acting I think there is another somewhere that I cant see. My older boys do help,"sometimes" The oldest is leaving for boot camp in a month and is getting nervous about it so he has been helping alot more lately, maybe wanting to make sure he can always come back. But teen boys help tends to make more of a mess than anything,lol. Just scrubbing their bathroom takes 30 minutes every day.yuck. .. I seem to have flashbacks daily, about the next stage, like crawling and getting into everything. Throwing toys just to watch mommy pick them up. UGH. I just keep telling myself, I have done this before I CAN do it now!!

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 20:15:55 pm »
True enough but teenage boys can also help with housework ;)

Offline aidenmc

• Showing Appreciation 21
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 23:39:24 pm »
I agree about the boys and helping. I am always on at my 5 and 10 year old boys to help out. I tell them they have 2 good arms and legs and that their dad and I just can't do it all on our own (and have time to play with them, take them to activities, etc.) :P. I think I have fears of them growing up and not knowing how to take care of themselves (or worse, expecting their future wives to do all the housework  ;D).

Oh, and their bathroom is disgusting!
Becky,
Mom to Kieran (10/15/2000); Aiden, (7/ 8/ 2005); and Samuel (7/10/2010)

Offline Mama_Mia

• Showing Appreciation 22
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 00:17:18 am »
lol aidenmc

Dont get me wrong, my boys are capable of everything. They can sew,cook,clean,care for Michael. But once they hit 16 it became more of a battle to get them to help and like I said they make more of a mess. Like when I ask them to cook dinner. The kitchen looks like a cyclone hit and it takes alot of bickering and arguing to get them to clean the mess they made. So in the long run its easier for me to do it myself. And getting DH to do anything helpful would be a miracle. Although he did do his first load of laundry in 10 years yesterday. Then he told me not to expect it again.lol

Offline deb

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 00:23:24 am »
And getting DH to do anything helpful would be a miracle. Although he did do his first load of laundry in 10 years yesterday. Then he told me not to expect it again.lol

PTHTHTBBBTT!!!!!

Me spitting out my drink almost! ;D :D :D

Offline aidenmc

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 01:44:38 am »
Lol! I'm sure that's what I have to look forward to with my boys NanaC.
Becky,

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 03:30:16 am »
Men.  Sigh.

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 05:19:44 am »
My DS is 7.5 months and started the fussing around 6.5 month...could just be the start of SA and object perm as Kara mentions? If you LO can sit well could you try putting him in the kitchen with you on the floor with a cupboard open that he can explore with safe things in it? THis works well for us - if not sitting so well you could put a tri pillow behind him?

I know this sounds terrible but our DS prefers remotes, cell phones and the monitor to his toys...oh and keys or leather or a wooden spoon. Sometimes I can get him occupied for a while with an old dead cell phone with the battery removed or when Im desperate the remote (I don't tell DH - remotes are precious to him) SOmetimes its not the toys they want hehe.

I know what you mean re A times, DS is also on a long A but it works for him and I cheat by putting him in the front pack while I do some chores..though it isn't good for the back.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Hedgehog17

• Showing Appreciation 71
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 09:28:39 am »
The kitchen looks like a cyclone hit and it takes alot of bickering and arguing to get them to clean the mess they made. So in the long run its easier for me to do it myself.
This is a typical male tactic for getting women to do everything for them - do it badly or make a bigger mess ::)

They are also fond of the occasional blitz rather than cleaning frequently :(

Would it really hurt you to leave their bathroom to them to clean? Yes it'll get disgusting, but when the flies move in they might realise that they DO need to clean it! Same goes with washing clothes, plates etc - when they run out they'll work out that they need to do laundry / dishes ;)

Offline deb

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 10:17:39 am »
The good news is that after boot camp DS should be able to keep the place spic and span for ya. ;)

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 21:08:35 pm »
hi, i think he was 8/9 months when he could crawl and get about more. ure lo will play more maybe once he gets moving about things will get easier. HTH

Offline aidenmc

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 23:34:57 pm »
Wait till he's moving and exploring. You will think your older boys are very clean! DS3 is currently a one-baby destruction machine!
Becky,