Author Topic: NO unread posts?  (Read 6035 times)

Offline Mashi

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 408
« on: May 15, 2011, 13:32:19 pm »
The past week, when I first open BWer in the mornings and click on 'view unread posts since your last visit' it comes up empty and says 'their
are no unread posts since your last visit. Click here to read all unread posts.' And when I click, it says 'there are no unread posts.'  It happened most every day this week.  Then if I go to a specific board and read the list of posts, of course there are dozens of posts that have been written over night which are unread.  So why won' they come up when I ask to see unread posts?  ???

Any ideas?

Offline aimeeL

• Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 13:33:15 pm »
I don't know, but this has happened to me lots of times.. and very randomly - no rhyme or reason that I can find...

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 17:13:10 pm »
I posted about this last week. Drives me mad!!

Offline gogomama

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 18:17:51 pm »
Are you using the same computer? Sometimes I find if I switch computers it will come up blank.

Offline Mashi

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 12:03:52 pm »
Glad I am not the only one - it is frustrating isn't it!!!  Hoping an admin might see this one and have some idea of what I mean?

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 14:20:46 pm »
it is frustrating isn't it!!!

very!

Offline Mashi

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 13:22:51 pm »
Still happening here - any admins with any ideas at all?

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: NO unread posts?
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 21:09:38 pm »
Nope!  If you've done the requisite clear your history/cache and it's still happening, no ideas.  You're better off asking Tom or Gareth. 
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 13:46:42 pm »
Nope!  If you've done the requisite clear your history/cache and it's still happening, no ideas.  You're better off asking Tom or Gareth. 

What she said ;D

Offline Mashi

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 14:10:27 pm »
Actually when I said admin that is who I meant, I thought that was their title and that they checked in regularly!  I will pester Tom by PM!

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 14:18:44 pm »
Actually when I said admin that is who I meant, I thought that was their title and that they checked in regularly!  I will pester Tom by PM!

The Admin team is actually made up of Gareth, Tom, Jaime, and myself as well as the GM's Jessica, Aisling, Rachel and Deb.

Offline firsttimemummy

• Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 14:57:27 pm »
maybe DH/DS is sneaking on when you aren't looking and clicking the "mark all as read" button ??? ;)  I am sure if Murray and DH had thought of that they would do it to me .... :)
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 01:39:49 am »
Actually when I said admin that is who I meant, I thought that was their title and that they checked in regularly!  I will pester Tom by PM!

Tom is the webmaster, but he is part of the Administrative team along with the rest of us, as Lana pointed out.  Hence the red stars and the "Administrator" title above the username.   :)
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline gogomama

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 05:38:31 am »
Ok, so I have noticed this happens to me if the unread posts get to more than 6 pages, which must just be my limit. After that it kind of "restarts" back to the beginning as if I have no posts. The longer I don't sign on, the less posts I have!

Offline Gareth - Harvey & Theo's Dad

• Mac Daddy
  • Showing Appreciation 218
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 13:41:18 pm »

That's my first bit of advice, make sure and do a thorough clean of your cookies and cache/temporary internet files. Also, ensure your browser is updated to the latest version.  Usually, it's a corrupted cache that causes these errors.  Another point to note (although mostly redundant after all this time) is to ensure that you are accessing the site via babywhispererforums.com.  The type of issue you are seeing is typically local to the users machine, if everybody was having the problem it would tend to lean towards the server having issues.  At the moment it seems that there's only a few people out of the entire membership having this problem, so it's more likely to be an issue with your software rather than the server.  That's not a definite, just a most likely possibility :)

Actually when I said admin that is who I meant, I thought that was their title and that they checked in regularly!  I will pester Tom by PM!

Tom is the webmaster, but he is part of the Administrative team along with the rest of us, as Lana pointed out.  Hence the red stars and the "Administrator" title above the username.   :)

The true Admins here in terms of work and effort are Jaime, Lana and the GM's.  These days, I basically ensure the bills are paid, and Tom keeps the wheels spinning - rather effectively too, thanks Tom :)
Gareth

Harvey - 18 Nov 2003

Theo - 24 Dec 2005