Author Topic: lots of bm since starting solids  (Read 975 times)

Offline kit-twigglet

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
lots of bm since starting solids
« on: May 26, 2011, 13:17:48 pm »
My dd is just 9 months old. She has been eating solids since 6 months old and gaining weight but am concerned as she has at least 5 bm a day. They are in between solid and runny. she is healthy, happy and very active, is this ok?

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 18:05:32 pm »
What sorts of things has she been eating?  Maybe there is one particular food that is causing her to have more BMs.  My boys have always been frequent poopers, lol, so it can be normal, but I do find that certain foods make them go more often, like some fruits or things high in fibre. 

You can try offering her maybe some banana for a few days to see if it slows things down a bit?

I don't think there is immediate cause for worry but maybe keep an eye on it and also what she is eating to see if you can figure out what is causing the more frequent BMs.  Otherwise though, if she is happy and gaining weight she is probably fine.  Maybe bring it up at her next doctor's appointment.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline kit-twigglet

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: lots of bm since starting solids
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 02:27:21 am »
Hi Martina, she has a varied diet. Bananas most days! breakfast is porridge made with formula and coconut milk. Lunch can be soup with bread, dhal and rice, (without chilli)! Evening meal is whatever we are eating, pizza, chicken roast dinner, pasta. She does eat alot, 4-5 tablespoons. When she's had enough she spits it out  :)) she is still breastfeed 4 times a day with a bottle at night.

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 11:50:25 am »
I guess you can bring it up at the doc's just to be safe.  Sounds like she's doing well though!  FWIW my DS2 poops a lot, sometimes 4x a day (one day last week it was 6!), and I know that he's fine.  I give him a power smoothie in the morning packed with fruit and veg, so I think that probably has something to do with it.  :P 
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: lots of bm since starting solids
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 17:12:47 pm »
My DD was a once a day pooper until we started solids!  Now she goes 3-5 times most days... it's her body adjusting... I suspect that the same is true of your LO... it may seem like you have been doing solids for a long time, but really, it's only a few months... their bodies take time to get into a new rhythm so to speak :)

Of course, if you are concerned, mention it to her dr.