Author Topic: Elimination Diet  (Read 1231 times)

Offline baileyscommet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Elimination Diet
« on: June 06, 2011, 12:34:52 pm »
Hi, I am convinced that my lo has a food allergy. I have cut out dairy and soy and for a while, his symptons seemed to improve but over the past 24 hours they have worsened. I know that there is an elimination diet - can anyone send me / point me in the right direction for this as I think I need to rule out wheat/egg etc....as these are the items I must have consumed in that 24 hour period.

My lo is 17 weeks and has been diagnosed with reflux - he spits up constantly. He is extremely unsettled, grizzly, barely sleeps but when he does he thrashes around, moaning and groaning etc. He also has constant chronic wind and will cry for a good couple of hours each day with this. He also has very runny poos with mucus.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Re: Elimination Diet
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 16:51:05 pm »
I think I did this one:

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/feeding-infants-toddlers/food-allergies/elimination-diet

How long have you been cutting the dairy and soy? It is normal for there to appear to be a bit of a relapse. Are you very vigilant about what you are eating, there is so much hidden soy and dairy and even soemthing that said "may contain dairy/soy" would be enough to upset my dd.
Katt

Offline baileyscommet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 20:25:37 pm »
Thanks Skatty, I have been very careful to ensure that I don't have anything containing dairy and soya (I have a list of all the ingredients I need to avoid). Is it common for them to have a relapse, that's interesting.

Dairy I haven't eaten for about 4 weeks, soya for 2 weeks.

With regards to the elimination diet, there doesn't seem to be much to eat atall! What on earth would you have for breakfast and lunch if you can't eat carbs?

Offline skatty

• Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 13:49:01 pm »
I could eat carbs, I remember eating a lot of rice crispies with rice milk and turkey, rice, courgettes and carrots! It wasn't long before I realised it was milk and soy that were the culprits and garlic and chilli were back in first!
Katt

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 12:27:07 pm »
Hi,  have you looked this thread too??

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=211283.0