Author Topic: How long after allergen can you get mucus...  (Read 1679 times)

Offline ~*~Louisa~*~

• Mummy in need of a month of sleep... PLEASE!!!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
    • Cupcakes and storm clouds my blog
How long after allergen can you get mucus...
« on: June 10, 2011, 09:04:47 am »
Im really confused

I started weaning Alyssa, we did rice strings of mucus after only 3 days so stopped

Then i re started with pear every other day for a week, REALLY set off her reflux so ive re-started Losac this week she is on pear every day

Last week it turns out I was feeding her unripe pear which is moderate sals
we had alot of reflux but no mucus shes been on ripe pear for a few days now and this morning we had the biggest mucus strings ive ever seen seriously it was like huge rubber bands in there

I dont think it was the ripe pear, so could it be delayed issue with the unripe pear

I didn't think we had any mucus in her nappys last week but we could of had some small amounts and i not notice iykwim

So i guess my question is (without the waffle) is how long after stopping a possible allergen would we expect to see  mucus is it possible the strings are from the pear 3 days ago?

DD1 Angel/Spirited - Glue ear
DD2 Angel - MPI, Excema, Late talker
DD3 Angel - Milk,Soy, nut,egg intollerence, Saliciyte sensitivity, Reflux

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
Re: How long after allergen can you get mucus...
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 09:57:25 am »
Just going back a step, what were the quantities of unripe pear you were feeding and now the quantities or ripe pear?  Were both peeled?   HOw many days in total on the unripe pear?  How many days break before starting the ripe pear?  How many days on teh ripe pear?

Quantity and frequency is important, it tells us how big the dose was - rather like a drug  ::)

Offline ~*~Louisa~*~

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 10:12:55 am »
she had around 2oz of pear in each portion

So unripe it would of been sat, mon, wed,thur, sat, sun so 12oz of unripe pear and 6oz ripe which was monday, tuesday and yesterday

and yep always peeled

No break between unripe and ripe I hadn't noticed any mucus in nappy so didnt think she needed a break iykwim
but thats not saying it wasnt there I just couldnt of seen, where as today there was no missing it

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 12:59:42 pm »
gee  :o  2 tablespoons  (1oz) per portion is alot for moderate salicylate,  as she has done really really well to not react until now.  Since there was not break between all the pear I would tend to think it is a build up reaction.  Maybe if you wait till the mucus clears then start again on the ripe pear at  1oz then you might find that she can go on indefinatley without reacting.

Usually the dieticians suggest to stop the food they are reacting to until the reaction clears...go back  one step on the foods until the reaction clears. Which means go back a step in dosage or stop the food all together.  Since you don;t have an established quantity that you know she can tolerate indefinantly this will be a bit of trial and error. Either go back to pure formula maybe drop back to 1/4 Oz or something of the ripe pear if you feel you  need to keep her on solids everyday. Then wait 3 clear days and start again.

Offline ~*~Louisa~*~

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 20:43:26 pm »
Thanx hon, I'll drop down to about 1/4 of an oz (is that about a teaspoon? ) as she takes her Losac really well mixed in with it

My Dietion will just say it wasnt a reaction pear is totally hypoallergenic no one will react in anyway its just her gut is sensitive, I don't feel very confident in my dietion, its always "I meant to bring this info" "I forgot this"

I'll just have to have a bottle ready as soon as she eats that small amount though cause she loves her pear lol