Author Topic: How much cereal/solids a day for 8mo?  (Read 1439 times)

Offline lesliemarie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
« on: June 13, 2011, 12:02:25 pm »
DD is 8mo and I'm wondering how much she should be eating a day.  Her formula intake has really dropped and I'm having a problem getting it into her during the day.  The only way I can get her to drink more than a couple of ounces is if she is in her room eating before bed which I don't like to do as she is a refluxer.  I'm struggling to get her to eat 20oz over the day now.  She used to eat 45oz a day before solids ::)  I switched to giving her the bottle before solids but it seems that she is holding out for something better so I mix the leftover formula into her food.
My Little Monkey

My Little Sunshine

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
Re: How much cereal/solids a day for 8mo?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 16:36:26 pm »
There is no set amount of solids that LOs should be eating at a certain age.  You still want her to be having a milk intake of over 20oz, so if you are struggling to get her to take that much keep offering bottles first as you are doing.  I think it's good that you are mixing her formula into her cereal too because that counts towards her milk intake, so you can sneak a few more oz in that way as well.  I think you will have to judge how much solids to offer without affecting milk intake further.   Can she have other forms of dairy as well?  Any yogurt or cheese she can have will count as well.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline lesliemarie

• Showing Appreciation 24
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 19:31:36 pm »
No she is MSPI and a refluxer so no other dairy.  I think the reflux is bothering her at the moment so that could also be the reason for not wanting the bottle.  The only way I can get her to eat is to feed her to sleep.   :-\
My Little Monkey

My Little Sunshine

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 20:24:01 pm »
(((Hugs))) It is always so much trickier when dealing with reflux and intolerances.  Sounds like you are doing the right things. :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012