Author Topic: How do I stop the 11pm dream feed (breast fed baby)?  (Read 1974 times)

Offline painter_girl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How do I stop the 11pm dream feed (breast fed baby)?
« on: December 21, 2012, 00:17:39 am »
My baby is nearly 8 months and is doing very well on solids, she also breast feeds 7am/11am/3pm/7pm and the dream feed at 11pm. I need to stop the dream feed and have tried to understand clustering from the Baby Whisperer book, but I don't quite understand how I am supposed to do it. I don't want to start without being clear about what I'm doing because currently baby is sleeping very well from 7pm-7am (with the 11pm dream feed) and napping nicely during the day. Her solid intake is great, I've got no worries there, but I know this dream feed needs to stop soon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Lulu

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: How do I stop the 11pm dream feed (breast fed baby)?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 03:13:49 am »
There is good advice here on dropping the dream feed: "How do I implement/drop the dreamfeed?"

Don't worry about adding in another feed (a cluster feed) -- your LO will compensate by taking more at the other feeds (though you probably won't be able to tell the difference). 

With mine, I did exactly as it is advised in the link -- by bringing the feed earlier and earlier and trying to feed for less time until I just dropped it all together.  Went beautifully for the 2 of mine that I did the df for.

:)