Author Topic: Extended Nursing Support Thread part 4  (Read 65842 times)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Extended Nursing Support Thread part 4
« Reply #345 on: October 01, 2012, 04:56:49 am »
I know DH wants them back to himself  Given I didn't find BFing to be a bonding or even pleasant experience for so long initially, its nice to be enjoying it now. I was so jealous of people who felt like BFing was their special cuddle time with LO but now I get to feel that way too and I 'get' it.
^^THis here on both counts too :-*

it's only a prop if it's a problem! We only relatively recently ditched the night feeds ourselves... And i can say that it's heaps better without- so if you are wanting to drop it consider me your personal cheer squad! Ours were getting silly though and turning into long wakings.
Totally agree its only a prop if its not working for your and/or LO.
We had NF on and off for a long time - luckily it was never a real prop in that Z typically would STTN for a bit, then not then would ::)
TBH I have a pretty touchy and spirited guy, he is very persistent and intense as well, and dropping the NF was not that bad when the time came, DH helped A LOT though as I didn't want to go in and not offer so he did WI/WO...when the time comes Katy and I will rally around ya! ;)
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Fiver

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #346 on: October 04, 2012, 17:17:08 pm »
I think we might be coming to the end :(
Or there's something weird going on with DD's mouth!  She's only having a BT nurse still, but she's slurping at the breast and almost seems to have forgotten how to latch on properly :-\

The weird thing is that she seems genuinely excited about nursing before we actually start. ???

Confused
*** Amanda ***

Offline C&B&E

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #347 on: October 04, 2012, 17:24:43 pm »
nah- it's only a prop if it's a problem! We only relatively recently ditched the night feeds ourselves... And i can say that it's heaps better without- so if you are wanting to drop it consider me your personal cheer squad! Ours were getting silly though and turning into long wakings.

Ugh, I *need* to drop our nightfeed(s) - I am so past it now, and feel resentful every night for being woken out of deep sleep  :-[...especially because it often takes me 2 hours to get back to sleep  ::). What do you ladies recommend for how to go about it?  DH is happy to do whatever is needed of him.  Perhaps I should post on the main board as she is losing weight (has been for the past 3 months  :(), and not eating a great deal in the day.  She's MSPI so I'm keen to keep as many feeds in as necessary but I wonder if this huge nf is effecting her appetite  :-\.  But then I don't want to cut it if it is helping her calorie wise  ???

I think we might be coming to the end :(
Or there's something weird going on with DD's mouth!  She's only having a BT nurse still, but she's slurping at the breast and almost seems to have forgotten how to latch on properly :-\

The weird thing is that she seems genuinely excited about nursing before we actually start. ???

Confused

Teeth  ???
Claire x

Offline Fiver

• Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #348 on: October 04, 2012, 21:00:59 pm »
Tough call, Claire. :-\

And could well be teeth.  Poor lass still only has 9 (with #10 having been trying to get through for at least a fortnight!)
*** Amanda ***

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #349 on: October 04, 2012, 21:58:06 pm »
Can you cut duration, Claire? to give her a chance to transfer calories to the day more slowly?

Teeth change the latch here too, Amanda. Feels like he's biting when he's not...

Offline Papaya

• Showing Appreciation 79
    • It's a dangerous thing, stepping out your front door...
« Reply #350 on: October 05, 2012, 00:14:27 am »
she's slurping at the breast and almost seems to have forgotten how to latch on properly

That describes F EXACTLY this morning - ouch! And I'm pretty sure it's the last canine.
*Nuala*

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #351 on: October 05, 2012, 01:17:29 am »
I think it's funny how toddlers can be 'boss of the boob' ... you know- 'i'm sooo good at this i don't even have to use a standard sucking techinique'! Hamish has been having a few LONG evening feeds- very clearly there for the comfort- and towards the end gets a bit lazy and the teeth start just easing their way in! OW! Pretty nice though- beats a squirmer or a bite and giggle attack!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Fiver

• Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #352 on: October 05, 2012, 17:49:11 pm »
Mmm, no pain here for me.  She gets a good latch and then it's like her mouth can't keep the suction so she slurps.  Think I said before, it's like she's forgotten how to nurse ???

I guess I always said that I wanted to let her self-wean and if this is it then I'm going to have to accept that.  I'd sort of hoped we'd get to 2 years, but we're close enough
*** Amanda ***

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
« Reply #353 on: October 05, 2012, 17:59:14 pm »
:-*
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline anna*

• Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
« Reply #354 on: October 05, 2012, 18:01:35 pm »
Hello hello! Jumping on for my second spin around on this thread as Audrey is going to be one in a couple of weeks!! (and also ??? How did that happen?)
She's still having 4-5- sometimes even 6 BF in a day and seems to need it more emotionally than I remember with Stan. I hope we'll be here for another year, or six months at least!

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
« Reply #355 on: October 05, 2012, 18:16:31 pm »
:D Yay anna!! I also can't believe it- it seems like only a short time ago she was born!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #356 on: October 06, 2012, 09:37:58 am »
Welcome Anna and Audrey

Amanda, I'm sure Cadan did something similar when he got new teeth but it didn't last long and then he was back to doing it properly.

We are still feeding 3-4 times a day depending on whether he has one or two naps as well as a BF 4-5a most nights although sometimes this replaces the morning feed. I'd love to do just 3 regular feeds on WU, after nap and BT. We are having some sleep issues after an illness though and that is mucking everything up with NWs (6 last night!), EWs (5.20 this morning) and some short naps of 45mins. We're going on holiday this week though so I'm only doing so much to sort it all out because I know sleep and feeds will be all over the place with 6.30am flights, a time difference and all of us sharing a room.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
« Reply #357 on: October 06, 2012, 09:56:56 am »
I'd so save any adjustments till after the holiday- at least then you'll know he's well over the illness.
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #358 on: October 06, 2012, 10:33:19 am »
Yeah and no point working so hard to put things right only to resort to BFs at night on holiday if I get desperate not to wake Cadan.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Fiver

• Anyone for omelette?
« Reply #359 on: October 06, 2012, 19:09:33 pm »
Hi Anna :)

She basically didn't even try tonight :'(  But the rear part of her top molar has come through now and the bottom one feels like it's going to pop through anytime now, so I'll carry on offering for now.  She's also really snotty, which may or may not be teeth related
*** Amanda ***