Author Topic: When did you start reducing daytime bottles?  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Oh Little One

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: When did you start reducing daytime bottles?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 18:57:23 pm »
Hi,

I think I'm going to have to drop the mid morning bottle from now on; he left 3 to 3 1/2 oz of all four of his bottles today and he has progressively been doing this over the last week or two.  I am a little sceptical as he has drank a full 7oz of some of his bottles or just left an oz but my instinct is telling me now is the time.  He may well be teething as he has been of late however the last few days he seems fine on the teething front.

On the other hand however my instinct is telling me otherwise, but it could just be fear of change on my part.  We dropped the swaddle 2 days ago (although he has had both arms out for over a week now) due to the heat.  He is also starting nursery 3 days a week starting next week and he may not take to the food there and go hungry and wake at night?  I wouldn't know if it was because of the swaddle, teething or hungry???? Arrrghh.

What do you guys think?  Would be grateful for your thoughts.

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 22:13:09 pm »
You will know if he wakes from hunger :)  Trust your momma instincts!!!  Does the daycare have to provide info on what he ate while there each day?  I know that they do in Canada ;)

I agree that it is time to drop to 3 bottles :)

Offline Oh Little One

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 19:09:44 pm »
Thanks Kara, I started today.  I wiped the 11 am bottle out completely and brought his 3pm one forwards to 2pm.  He drank 6oz of his 2pm one and not quite 7oz of his bedtime bottle so hopefully it's done the trick and that it's not because he's been hungry today anyway and mummy's starved him of his 11am aswell!

Hopefully he won't wake hungry, sure he won't else he would have had all of his BT bottle.  I did give him his favourite foods today though so he would eat a few more solids as he still left 3 1/2 of his morning bottle.

Yes daycare complete his book each day saying what he's been up to, when he's slept and what he's eaten and drank and in what quantities so I should be able to still keep a beady eye on him!

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 22:35:45 pm »
Good!  Let us know how it all works out :)

Offline Oh Little One

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 19:28:51 pm »
Hiya.  Just a quick update.  We've had 5 days of just the 3 bottles and it's going really well.  He's eaten more solids and drank more of his bottles so all in all he's probably consuming about the same milk as he was previously over 4 bottles. He's having cows milk in his cereals and usually has one yoghurt a day so he's having his calcium.

I'm also less restricted with the feeding schedule as I am one bottle less and can flex the afternoon one a little bit too although I have been doing this at the same time each day.

Fingers crossed he'll eat and drink at daycare!