Author Topic: struggling with 13 month old  (Read 1412 times)

Offline babyrose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
struggling with 13 month old
« on: June 20, 2011, 20:23:31 pm »
im struggling with my lo, he never stops all day (apart from sleep)  i cant leave any room to do anything then there is a meltdown! food, sleep anything really! i feel emotionally and physically drained. does anyone else have this problem?

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 444
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 15:04:27 pm »
Yes we had this.  Very normal I'm afraid.  He's possibly frustrated from his lack of communication.  Their brains are so much further ahead than what they can physically manage.  Imagine being stuck not able to say what you are thinking, but knowing what you want to do just not how to do it.

It's so so hard on them to be that age.

What activities are you doing with him?  Maybe he needs more stimulation?  My kid needs way more than we can possibly provide so he's in daycare.  Are there any groups you can join?  Is he teething?  Does he sleep well when he does sleep?
The tweaking never stops!

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
Re: struggling with 13 month old
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 17:59:32 pm »
hi wendy. it must be very hard for them it would be fustrating! i think he does need more to do, but not sure what else.

we play with toys, read, walk, run errands,dance! do washing probably not enough for him though. im going to look into what groups there are here i think he needs it.

his fourth tooth just broke through the gum this a/noon. he sleeps well during the day but up at least once a night.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 16:19:36 pm by babyrose »

Offline rachelbonbon

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 23:07:38 pm »
Hi!
Yes! 13 months, and he never stops! His favorite game is stair climbing - i guess he'll have a nice bum!  I'm at my wits end trying to keep him happy and somehow manage to get anything done! Thankfully all that exploring makes for two solid naps. He plays with any given toy for two minutes at most, and moves right on to something else. He is in love with the neighbour's swing - I'm blessed with nice neighbours who really don't mind if we tramp over to their play set! I guess that's something.... We live on a half acre of land, but all LO wants to do is climb the steps to the veranda. DANGEROUS!! So mommy can't even sit for a breather when we're outside....

EXHAUSTED.

Rachel

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
Re: struggling with 13 month old
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 09:16:45 am »
yes it all sounds familiar! toys last about 2mins, on the go constantly getting into things he shouldnt be. he doesnt stop i dont know where he gets the energy from. we have just moved to one nap sometimes 1hr 30 to 2.5 ;D