Author Topic: Running out of ideas  (Read 4669 times)

Offline shivi

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
Re: Running out of ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 08:33:44 am »
ours loved flaked cod or plaice - steamed or grilled in foil- as finger food - with any veg and potato on the side.

S x

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline firsttimemummy

• Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 08:38:51 am »
She had fish way back when when she was having dairy but hasn't had it since...just no idea how to make it for her.
Murray used to love tinned sardines and tuna (not now though!) - either alone, or mixed with pureed veggies.  We now buy frozen fish which tells you on the back how to cook it - usually just shove it in the oven.

Remember even if you wouldn't eat it, kids probably will!! The more you adapt recipes the easier it is and the more confident you get. I used to be a recipe follower.
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 02:13:34 am »
I usually only buy tilapia (cheap LOL) and either bread and fry in a frying pan or bake it on a cookie sheet with just a light coating of lemon juice with other seasonings that you enjoy.