Author Topic: LO's nap reduced from a lovely 2 hours to 1 hour 15 mins  (Read 3303 times)

Offline Padicindy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: LO's nap reduced from a lovely 2 hours to 1 hour 15 mins
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 22:58:55 pm »
Ok I will try! Thanks sara!

Offline Padicindy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 15:11:45 pm »
I had some success today. :) thought I'll share and keeping fingers crossed that tomorrow and henceforth things will improve!!

6.30am: Wake (he woke up at 5am briefly but went back to sleep shortly - no noise from him so I figured he fell asleep)
9.30am: first nap
11am: Wake (YAY! 1.5hr!!)
2pm: Second nap
4.20pm: Wake (YAY! 2 hour 20 mins! although he did wake briefly at 45th min but fell back asleep)
7.20pm: Bedtime.

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this 3hr A time thing will work tomorrow too!! Yesterday was a series of short naps (I think cos he was mostly OT). But today's been encouraging!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 21:53:09 pm »
Looks like a great day hun...it can take a while for things to really settle and get consistent but hopefully you will start to get more and more longer naps :-*
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Padicindy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 13:52:24 pm »
You're right about it going to take a while. I have had 2 days of not so great naps following the one day of superb naps. Sigh. He seems to have forgotten how to self soothe back to sleep. Shall keep trying. Otherwise I may try PUPD. For now, he seems content for me to just flip him to the side and do shh pat on his back to extend his nap. I really hope he'll learn to sleep better soon, he is such a grouch when he does not have enough sleep.

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 20:48:31 pm »
There is sometimes a regression period.
For now, he seems content for me to just flip him to the side and do shh pat on his back to extend his nap.
This is fabulous! :)
***Sara***

Offline Padicindy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 08:42:24 am »
You're so positive it's rubbing off me. :)

Offline Padicindy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 12:39:22 pm »
Yesterday's afternoon nap and today's afternoon nap (morning we were in church) found DS waking briefly at 45th min, then there was silence, then a bit of noise at 1.5hr. I let him be till the 2hr mark where he starts yelling. Thing is I am not sure if he is silent cos he is just playing on his own or sleeping! I think I am just going to leave him since there is no fuss? Even if he just chilling in the dark.

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 21:59:12 pm »
I think I am just going to leave him since there is no fuss? Even if he just chilling in the dark.
This is what I do, I figure low key quiet time after a short nap is better than getting up and having full on A time, its also good for them I think to be able to rest when they want to :)
***Sara***

Offline Padicindy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 02:12:28 am »
How true. :) I do hope he'll learn to sleep longer though! Till then, chilling in the dark is good!

Offline Padicindy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 02:44:05 am »
Its been about 11 days since I last posted. Since then we have had pretty good naps (ranging from 1 hour 15 mins to 1 hour 30 mins) for both morning and afternoon (and a CN if he woke early for afternoon nap). His EWs have also dwindled and now he wakes between 6am to 7am, acceptable since he sleeps at 7.30pm every evening.

But the naps (since yesterday) have reverted to 45 minutes again. I have kept to the 3 hour A time. :( Feeling so irritated and discouraged with this whole nap training issue. *sigh*

Offline huntersmummyinoz

• Showing Appreciation 100
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 05:08:57 am »
any chance he's had another A time leap?? since he's recently increased maybe try just another 10mins and see if that gets you back on track?? hang in there :-*

Offline Padicindy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 06:26:39 am »
Will try he just seems so OT all the time it's so trying. My DD is also going through her terrible twos so I am so exhausted.

Offline Padicindy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 11:45:35 am »
I think everything is going haywire again. His EASY looks something like this today:

7am:wake (he had a few awakenings at night due to a bad cough but didn't fuss or cry. He went back to sleep on his own after a while)
930am: nap (put him to nap earlier as he looked so tired. Prob from last night)
1030am: wake (woke up and started babbling. Stayed in his cot for up to 30mins)
1.45pm: nap 2 (45 min nap)
2.35pm: woke up. Babbled for 30 mins to himself in the dark before crying
5.30pm: Catnap in sling as we were out
550pm: woke
7pm: bedtime

What do you all think? OT?? UT??

Offline Padicindy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 11:46:51 am »
For nap 1 I must add that he had a semi arousal at the 30th min and he went back to sleep for another 30 mins.

Offline annette.xx

• Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 13:19:14 pm »
Hi there

Just wanted to reply cos I also have a DS same age as yours and had weird things going on with naps and A time!

I will sound like im completely mad cos my A time has gone right back to 2hrs in am (yesterday was 1hr 45!!) seems that teething has really affected my little lad (swollen gums but no teeth!) so im kinda following his lead - I was previously on 2hrs 30 - 2hrs 45 A time then a few wks back OT crept in so I did the 2 hrs first A time and followed a 2,3,4 routine for nap which worked a dream for 2 wks now he is about to cut a tooth and im back to 3 naps last few days with 2,2.5,2.5,2.25  as my A times.... I am getting earlier wakings from having the 3 naps cos he really doesnt want 3 but at least im getting good naps again!

this morning he woke at 5.45 so i pushed him to 2hrs 30 A time and got a 40 min nap with lots of crying!!!...

I know im completely way off what everyone else is doing and maybe im messing him up with all these short A times but at least hes happier with it...for now!!!!

do you have any NW...i havent had even one STTN and he started waking more when i cut from 4 to 3 naps and hasnt stopped the wakings!! i thought too much daysleep so had the last 2 months been limiting him to just 3hrs day sleep but since cutting A times this means he sleeps more than this usually 3.5hrs but he wakes only once at night mostly now!!

this is soooo confusing!

Annette.xx