Author Topic: 6 month baby, starting to refuse milk...  (Read 1614 times)

Offline cavaclock

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 05, 2011, 11:05:19 am »
Hi folks,

Was hoping someone could give me a bit of advice.  My DD is nearly 6m we started BLW a few weeks ago.
She has really taken to it, although not sure how much is going down!!  She has had mainly veg and fruit, we gave her Weetabix this week she manages to eat nearly 2/3rds of one.

In the past few days she is refusing more and more milk. Her feed at 11am today she only took 40mls.  We have also changed her teat size to TT No.3 we had her on variflow for a while but she seemed to be spilling so much lately we changed to No.3.

Any advice on the trying to increase her milk or should I not worry about this I have been using whole milk in her weetabix, or is it maybe a case of cutting back on the amount she is eating.... ???

I have to say this website has been a godsend, and everyone has great ideas/experience..

Mellie

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
Re: 6 month baby, starting to refuse milk...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 01:13:56 am »
You don't want her reducing her milk intake in favour of solids, but with BLW babies tend to not eat that much to start so it could be something else.  Is she teething possibly?  How much would you say she is drinking in total?  You can try easing up on the solids a bit to see if that is the issue.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline cavaclock

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 6 month baby, starting to refuse milk...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 08:56:03 am »
I think you are right with easing up on the solids, I only gave her milk for the rest of yesterday and she took most of it.
She averages between 650 - 800mls a day.

It was my husband that gave her the mega dose of weetabix yesterday, but he did say she just kept taking the spoon and eating it, she was squealing with delight, think she was so proud of herself for doing it :)  But today I just gave her 1/2 a weetabix and she missed her mouth a few times so probably didnt get as much.

Thanks for the advice......

Mellie