EAT > Eating For Toddlers

Support thread for moms of picky eaters - Part 3

<< < (2/13) > >>

Mom to M&M:
Mmmmm....strawberries. I miss the days when DS used to wolf those down! Martina, also glad to hear your boys are eating well, at least some of the time.

Things are the same here. No better but at least no worse...

spodnic:
Hi all, I'm new here. Not sure if I'm in the right place though - DS is 4.5yo, he is the picky eater, but DD is 20mo and has just started refusing some foods esp. jars (which I'm kind of glad about, but it forces me now to rethink the whole family's meals into something better).
Is this the right thread? I looked under Activity>Pre-schoolers and beyond but couldn't really see that much about food.

Thanks.

Mom to M&M:
Welcome spodnic!

Some mild successes here. Sweet potato fries have been added back in (yay!), he tried fish sticks (and seemed to like them well enough) tonight (yay!), he'll sometimes eat a roasted potato piece or two, bananas are being accepted again (rarely but once in a while), goat's milk yogurt has been added back in (once or twice a week only but still something!) and raisin toast has been added back in too (all natural one thankfully). Still a LONG way to go but better than it was at least!

~inbalance~:
Karen, that all sounds fantastic!

We're doing pretty good.  F has been back and forth a bit due to teeth, but now that the bottom two molars are in he is happy to eat again.  I'm sure once the top ones come he'll start throwing again.  ::)

Mom to M&M:
Great to hear with F!

Another success just now. Made some meatballs and usually I make them all in the sauce (after browning them first) so they come out soft and taste like the sauce and DH and DD and i love them that way. But DS won't touch them. This time I kept some of them out of the sauce and cooked them in the oven after the browning. They are quite small (maybe an inch in diameter) and he just happily ate three of them for lunch (which according to my calorie count analysis tool is half an adult serving). Yahoo!

One trick that seems to be working for us, in addition to the sleep talk (which I have the book and totally SWEAR by) is that he LOVES music and is currently addicted to us singing both Row Row Row Your Boat and Itsy Bitsy Spider. I can get him to try more foods by promising him I'll sing if he does. It doesn't work for something he's TOTALLY freaked out by/opposed to, just gives a little encouragement when needed until he realizes he likes something and makes meal times more fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version