Author Topic: changing from bf to ff...?  (Read 901 times)

Offline Julianne1984

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • My little girl and boy
changing from bf to ff...?
« on: July 14, 2011, 11:16:20 am »
I have a frequent feeding 11week old girl. I just can't keep up with staying awake all night feeding, I have a 3yr old aswell. I want to change to formula and start working on an e.a.s.y routine for her but don't know where to start! Xx
Fay 29/4/2011, 7lb6oz. VBAC. Angel baby!
Tyler 23/5/2008, 8lb12oz. EMCS. Touchy/spirited boy!

Breastfeeding ~ Cosleeping ~ Babywearing

Offline Texomamama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Re: changing from bf to ff...?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:43:07 pm »
You might want to check out the EASY boards.

Honestly, with DD2, I didn't even consider EASY until she was about 4 months/16 wks old.  Prior to that, I just let her eat and sleep on demand.  However, I can certainly appreciate how much less time there is when you have an older one around.  That is the major reason DD2 was FF as opposed to BF like DD1.

Does she take a bottle with expressed breast milk?  Getting her to accept the bottle would be the first order of business, I would think.  Then, you can slowly add formula to the bottles and try and transition that way.  As far as which feeding to make bottles, I have no idea, but I would think that you want to retain the night feeds as BF for a while.  Having done both, I can tell you that BF is so much faster and immediate than BF.  You have to have the bottles made ahead of time, warm them, and even though that doesn't take that long, 2 minutes can seem like forever in the middle of the night.

I hope someone else can add to this.  I just wanted you to have a response to get the ball rolling :)