Author Topic: Fear of car seat??  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Lewa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: July 18, 2011, 00:03:20 am »
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right area to post...

My 3 month old DD has reflux and has always prefered to be in a vertical position.  Now that she is older she also enjoys lying flat on her back and will tolerate tummy time for 5 to 10 mins at a time.  She has always hated the car seat with a passsion - screaming for the entire trip.  We have a Safe n Sound Premier car seat (a reversable seat, still in the backward facing position with the extra cushion/head rest bit still in). 

Lately I've noticed she will start crying before she actually gets put in the seat.  I wonder if she has a negative association with the car (understandablly!) and if so what can we do to fix it??  She is a light sleeper so it is difficult to move her to the car when she is already asleep, although I managed it once and she stayed asleep for the whole trip (only 15 mins though).  Any thoughts on this fellow Whisperers??

Thanks,
Alana

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Fear of car seat??
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 02:44:21 am »
Hey just a thought which may or may not help. Someone gave us this amazing mirror for the car that means your LO can look at him/herself. DS (who also has reflux and is touchy like you would not believe!) loved it and it really helped in the car. It meant he could look at himself and I could see him too. I wonder if something similar may help your LO?

This is what we were given to give you an idea
http://www.babycity.co.nz/peek-a-boo-yellow-dragon.html
(HUGS) it is hard. DS hated the buggy and the car, but he is getting better. They do start to grow out of it.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.