Author Topic: Pleeeeeeeeeeese help me- 3 month old won't nap  (Read 3482 times)

Offline survivormarybeth

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Pleeeeeeeeeeese help me- 3 month old won't nap
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 11:40:36 am »
It's been 11 hours since I last posted, and she has slept for about 7 of them, on my tummy overnight.  4 hours, then feed, then another 2 1/2 to 3 hours  She doesn't even sleep well cosleeping!  I have to nurse her to sleep then put her on top of me and if she stirs enough to realize my nipple isn't in her mouth, she wakes and cries.  She is now in her crib and my husband is hanging over her letting her suck on his finger.  Does anyone out there want another baby?

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 123
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 11:54:05 am »
I'll take her. She is a sweetie. I think to some degree you need to take the plunge and say you are going to do it differently and not go back to feeding to sleep etc. She wont start doing it because you decide you want her to. It Will be a rough few days but if you are consistent in not feeding her just to sleep eventually she Will get it.

Offline DSAN

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 02:55:19 am »
I agree with Khalam's Mama! If you want to make drastic changes your going to just have to take the plunge. Her age is on your side though, it shouldn't take her to long to adjust. I would do it now, before she gets even more set in her ways! I feel for you! Before we started EASY, DS slept in our arms or next to me in bed. He would cry as soon as we put him down. And it did take a few days, but he was young enough at the time (4 weeks I think... it's all a blur now!) that he wasn't to set in his ways.

One thing I would suggest, is maybe find a *new* way to APOP when naps are going quickly down hill, and you just need to get her to sleep to avoid OT (but don't give up to quickly!), like bouncing in a wrap or sling... something that doesn't involve your boob!

And remember (this helped me when things were going terribly), she is not trying to manipulate you or make you angry by crying or not sleeping! (that might sound obvious but sometimes it felt like DS was just trying to frustrate me on purpose! which is obviously not the case...).
Heather, Mommy to Dylan

Offline Khalam's Mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 123
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 21:59:12 pm »
How was it today?