Author Topic: Soy trial - how soon do we know?  (Read 4493 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Soy trial - how soon do we know?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 14:05:49 pm »
ITA with Kelly. To be honest, it really does sound like a soy reaction to me. Have you tried almond milk? And they make a nice almond milk yogurt too. I'm guessing you had tried Alimentum and that didn't work? My DD was on Neocate for a few months and then once her system healed she was able to tolerate Alimentum (RTF only for some reason - the powder one had cornstarch and made her break out) before moving to regular milk.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 18:54:52 pm »
How are things going Emma?

Kelly x

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker

Offline ~Emma~

• Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 13:12:57 pm »
 Not too bad thanks. She was having a couple of skin issues before we started the soy trial which have worsened but only very slightly, doc says that it could very well be down to the heat we having at the moment makeing her sweaty and itchy. It's still not a fraction as bad as what is was, in fact I cant actually believe her skin was THAT bad, I cant believe I let it get that bad.  :-[

We are still only giving her very little. HAving breakfast with soy milk (just a drop as she's not that keen yet but getting better) and I mix it with her weetabix and pureed fruit. She has a soy yoghurt every couple of days and also has the bread we eat which contains soy.

All in all I'm pretty pleased. I tihnk that rough night at first was completely coincidental, wither that or her wee guts just needed a wee bit of time to get used to the new proteins.