Author Topic: NF question - hungry?  (Read 949 times)

Offline cecelia_at_home

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
NF question - hungry?
« on: July 21, 2011, 09:49:09 am »
I've posted a similar question in the NW forum, but it was suggested that here might be a better place.
J is 7 wks old and on a 3 hour easy during the day. However at night he's been waking at 12:30ish, 2ish, 4ish, and then pretty much every hour until we get up at 7. He has a DF at 10:30ish, but only takes about 2 oz (normally he takes about 3.5-4 oz). At 12:30 he'll take about 2 oz and then  at 2ish, he'll take most of a bottle - about 3oz. Is there a way I could combine these feeds so that he goes 3 hours from the DF so that he'll have one feed at 1:30ish? After the 4:00 feed (usually full bottle), I just try to settle him back to sleep, which is a struggle.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: NF question - hungry?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 12:31:45 pm »
Have you tried to resettle if it hasn't been 3 hours since his last feed? If he can go 3 hours in the day he should be going at least 3 hours between feeds at night. Does he have a dummy/ paci at all? Does he have any reflux or other digestive discomfort?

Laura

Offline cecelia_at_home

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 13:16:43 pm »
I've halfheartedly tried to settle him, but then I worry that he's hungry. Should I try to settle him and wait until 1 for the feed? He takes a dummy. Luckily he doesn't have reflux, but he can sometimes be windy. I give him gripe water with his night feeds since he doesn't burp well when he's sleepy. I think the wind may be part of why he's so unsettled in the early am.

Offline SabrinaD

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 06:38:48 am »
Do you think he is going through a growth spurt? DD is now 3 months and she is waking up all the time as well. If its not a growth spurt, like Laura said..you may want to give him a paci. DD is a sucker, she NEEDS the paci haha
Good luck!!
Sabrina