Author Topic: NAET (Nambudripads Allergy Elimination Technique) and IgG testing  (Read 17914 times)

Offline Grants

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • Mr 'I know exactly what I want!'
Re: NAET (Nambudripads Allergy Elimination Technique) and IgG testing
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 04:32:45 am »
Thanks Sherry :) do your los also have eczema? If so what do you think triggers it? We don't use soy in our house. Of course there is the hidden soy everywhere including in cattle feed. But those are hard to avoid. Luckily DS doesn't eat meat :P

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 10:46:05 am »
Quote (selected)
Just a quick question now: what do you mean by a whole course with NAET?  And did your practitioner retest with combinations and retest what was treated when symptoms show again? 

The practioner cleared basically all foods she could think of including many known combinations.   Kais were finished around  Feb this year with no hard evidence either way as to whether NAET had helped or not. Kai was on a very restricted diet already, and I was slowly liberalising his diet based on the protocols set by the Allergy unit of the RPAH  (its done very slowly).  I was not aware that his NW'ing was linked ot the foods at the time either.

I guess now that we do have evidence that he is still reacting to many of the things he was desensitised to, then its time to go back.  And thanks for the idea  :)... I had given up on NAET really, but maybe, there is just some tweaking to be done.  Our practioner is only 5 mins away and lovely too  :)

Quote (selected)
What do you think about my ideas above? What does your Kinesiologist do ATM? Does she/he ask questions about Kay’s conditions? Is that how you found out about the under production of chemicals for detoxification?

I have zero experience with eczema. I think that if it were me I would like to try some kineasiology to try to narrow it down as I *think* that eczema can be caused be so many foods and environmental factors.   I guess the IgG test might be quite a good diea too if not too expensive.
 For Kai,  to determine the issues with detoxtification, the chiropactic kineasiologist has a suitcase full of vials containing all the chemicals involved in detoxification in the human body and gives then to Kai to hold one by one asking the body if it is deficient in this particular chemical.  If so, she looks up the vitamin/mineral required to produce/clear out this chemical and then prescribes that to Kai to take.  B6 is required for so many of the processes.  She  does the same for hormonal reactions.  She also specifically treats his stomach for reflux and does cranial adjustments - she is a chiropractor. She has used neuroemotional technique a few times also.

I think with NAET though, its all or nothing.  That's why I am probably going to go back, we have spent alot of $$ already what;s a few more?

Offline Grants

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 12:02:50 pm »
Thanks Eloise, :) Basically your chiro uses kinesiology the same way the NAET practitioners. I was just wondering if your Chiro tested in a different way, iykwim?!

I also think it’s a good idea to go back ;) I will def take my DS back too. My practitioner also mentioned that she would like to test antihistamines and another few other vials on M.M’s treatment ended 6 weeks ago. I think I will book it for next week. I wanted to make sure I gave his body time to clear the eczema.

Offline sherry lynn

• Showing Appreciation 127
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 16:49:21 pm »
I'm really new to all this allergy stuff.
What is the difference between IgE and IgG ? What is the difference between both of the tests (what's involved)?
DS#1: 30 Oct 2007
DS#2 19 Feb 2010

Offline koe2moe

• Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 18:40:01 pm »
Eloise, what is your personal experience with NAET then?  Did you fully recovered from them?  Can you test kai yourself?  It says in the book that once we know how to self test, we can test everything before we eat to avoid nasty reactions.  It implies that it's possible to come across new allergens. 

I hope someone can shed some light on the tests.  Sherry Lynn, what do you mean by egg isn't on the list?

Offline sherry lynn

• Showing Appreciation 127
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 22:49:41 pm »
I posted that in the wrong place, sorry :)

I forgot to answer the eczema question though. Neither have had in in quite sometime. Actually, once I stopped bathing them daily it went away :) 
DS#1: 30 Oct 2007
DS#2 19 Feb 2010

Offline EloysH

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 08:37:04 am »

Quote (selected)
Eloise, what is your personal experience with NAET then?  Did you fully recovered from them?  Can you test kai yourself?  It says in the book that once we know how to self test, we can test everything before we eat to avoid nasty reactions.  It implies that it's possible to come across new allergens. 

Well I just did the NAET for overall well being..  I had such a hard year on my ED BF'ing Kai.  I suffer pretty bad hormonal skin acne and also mild wind after eating some foods.  (who knows which foods though).  My skin is mildly better, so I really have no hard evidence as to whether it has helped.   How can I test Kai myself?  If its through the arm thing, I really don't have a feel for it, I think I am cheating all the time!

Shery i am reptty vague on IgE and IgG but as I understand it, IgE antibodies are present in elevated levels in the body if a  type 1 allergic reaction to the foods are present.  You can be specifically tested for egg, peanut or dairy allergy with this test.  IgG however is anthoer antibidy that it thought to be elevated in food intolerant people.  As I understand there are many pathways for food intolerance and this is juist one of them, some people might not have raised antibodies but infact  but a frayed nervous system or else lack of enzymes for digestion.

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 19:28:17 pm »
Eloise, so they didnt find any allergies in you?  I wonder if it's worth finding another practitioner for you and Kai.  How did you treat and did you read any of Devi Nambudripad's books?  Did the practitioner teach you how to self test?  Sorry to have so many questions.  I am still now at the end of the treatment and so wonder when should it be considered complete?  She still found more allergens after 30 or so treatments.  How do u fake it hehe?

I also wonder if the problems are no longer allergies, then perhaps Chinese herbal medicine and/or acupuncture might help.  My acupuncture doc has treated very young patients.  

Offline Grants

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 19:52:46 pm »
I am still now at the end of the treatment and so wonder when should it be considered complete?  She still found more allergens after 30 or so treatments.

I also wondered about that Koe? When is it time to stop???? It is a bit confusing at times???? I read on the NAET website that” if you don't see improvements after 15 sessions perhaps NAET is not for you?” 

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 20:52:04 pm »
Whoops I meant "not" at the end of treatment.  Grants, that would be what I meant when I mentioned to you that Dr Devi herself always treats the first 15 elements, ie, 15 sessions.

Offline Grants

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 20:55:10 pm »
So how many sessions have you had Koe? Do you see improvements ? I think the fact that you don't need antibiotics to recover from your episodes is a great improvement! :)

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 21:12:18 pm »
I finished the first 15 elements after 8 sessions as I only got treated on the ones I was allergic to and I was really feeling better and better per week.  Until after the 8th session, I started doing self treatments quite aggressively, about 6 in two weeks and I felt weak and tired and then other new reactions appeared.

I have had 12 sessions and treated about 38 things, that was a rough count, so I self treated 26 things in the last two months!  Wow... No wonder I am so exhausted!

The fact that I don't have infections 3 times a month with high fever and bedridden and no antibiotics nor acupuncture is indeed a big improvement.  Thanks for putting me in the right perspectives xx

Offline EloysH

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 12:27:50 pm »
I was treated for the first 15 elements, probably reacted to half of them.  We also went into a few other things like hormones and food chemicals and combinations.  Did not touch environmental allergins.  I feel that I suffer less cramping and bloating after eating.. that's about all I can fathom.  I was not in any major ill health before starting though. I had been dairy/wheat/preservative/moderate salicylate/  free for 12 months in order to breastfeed, and I  felt I was in much better health and felt "pure" on that diet. I feared my body would go in overload once I went back onto a "normal" diet.  So that's why I got the NAET done.

I spoke to Kai's NAET practioner today.  She sid she has taken him as far as she can go. She is happy to retest him, even though everything was "clear" when we stopped treatment.  She said she was worried that his reflux medication  might be having an effect on his body balance and thus maybe why he is still reacting to foods.    I told her that he will be on this medication for some more months now.. since he failed his wean.     It's a pity that NAET can't cure reflux. So not sure what to make of it.

Offline koe2moe

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 22:07:25 pm »
Hugs, Eloise!  She might be right and perhaps Kai is reacting to the medication also.  It Might help to keep a food journal from now on to see if you can see a pattern.  Perhaps his diet is more varied than when he was receiving therapy, it might be a good idea to bring along foods that he eats to test.  I was tested no problem with honey with their test kit but I am allergic to the honey I have at home. 

I had iBS long time ago also and discovered about acid forming foods vs alkalis forming food.  Not sure if you have investigated through that path yet.  If not, maybe worth taking a look at.  Xx

Offline Grants

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 05:57:32 am »
Hi ladies,

Some of you might know that M has lots of sleep issues. I have thought many times that it could be food intolerances but I’m not sure to what ????  He has been cleared through NAET but taking into consideration Eloise’s experience NAET might not be enough. I have never had food intolerances/allergies when I was little and I don’t think DH had it either. M was not a reflux baby and I didn’t have any problems breastfeeding and he was also fine with formula. He also was OK while weaning from 6 to 9 months. The sleeping problems only started around 9 months. I mean, he was never a good sleeper. I had to teach him how to nap for longer than 30 mins with BW techniques and he was doing fine between 6 and 9 months.

I have tried a dairy free diet in the past for 6 weeks to try and clear his eczema but his sleeping pattern didn’t change when he was off dairy. One of the weeks he was off dairy we had visitors from overseas and he STTN for the whole week but we were super, mega busy sightseeing etc… after they left NWs started again so the STTN was due to being tired and not because of the dairy free.

I’m booking a NAET appointment for him next Friday. It will be mainly to try and find out what he should avoid to help clear his eczema( I know for a fact that the eczema gets worse in the warm weather) and I also want to use Kinesiology to ask questions about his sleep. I will ask the practitioner to test him for Serotonin and Melatonin to see if there is any imbalance there.

Any thought about the food intolerances and sleep issues?