Author Topic: Runny poops okay?  (Read 1574 times)

Offline kim&savannah

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Runny poops okay?
« on: July 25, 2011, 14:31:33 pm »
I keep meaning to ask this--my 2.5 mo. old exclusively bf baby almost never has any "curd" in his poops.  They are just all liquid, runny, sometimes mucus, but no little chunks, which both my others always had.  He had "normal" poops the first couple weeks, but its been like this most of the time for 2 months now.  can that be normal?  It seems like almost everything can be normal, even if its not typical, but also can be signs of something wrong, so I'm totally lost.

We are on day 8 of a dairy and soy-free diet, if that matters.  Poops haven't really gotten better, although there hasn't been any mucus in the last day or two.
~Kim

Savannah,  6/04
Abraham,   11/06
Henry, 5/8/11

Offline Hedgehog17

• Showing Appreciation 71
Re: Runny poops okay?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 19:37:13 pm »
Bear in mind that it can take at least 2 weeks (often more like 4) for all dairy and soya to leave your systems, so it's too early to tell just yet!

I would also say based on my own experience with MPI DS (don't know about soya as we never have it due to my intolerance of the stuff) that very runny poop indicates that all is not well in LO's digestive system  :(

You could also try infant probiotics once his gut has healed up, as that can help regulate the bowels  :)

HTH

Offline firsttimemummy

• Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 19:52:55 pm »
Not sure if this will help:
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=157413.0 (lots of photos!!)

Hope you are managing okay on the dairy/soya free - it's a bit annoying at times especially when eating out but worth it.  Oliver sleeps a lot better when I am dairy/soya free as well as not being so snotty etc so worth it.  It's also a great way to lose weight!!
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 16:10:18 pm »
Hi, the fact that the mucus has gone is great news! On the right trcks at least. I would give it another couple of weeks and hopefully you should see further improvements  ;D