Author Topic: bath time - very hard  (Read 1667 times)

Offline gisdude

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
bath time - very hard
« on: July 26, 2011, 04:53:59 am »
Hi all,
I have 2.5 year old and she normally like to take a bath. However, sometimes she'll just not go in and will fight to not go in the tub. I have no idea, any rhyme or reason why some days she'll be pleasant and take a bath.

It's really peculiar because we just took a 2 week swim class with the local parks department at the public pool.

Does anyone have any tips on bath time?

Thanks

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline Sleepybaby

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: bath time - very hard
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 00:56:41 am »
I read in a magazine once that if you put food colouring in their bath to colour the water bath time might seem like more fun.
Be patient and stay in control

Offline Oliverjack

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 07:28:35 am »
Hi I also have a toddler The same age and we offer a shower in the morning if he doesn't want a bath at night. It works quite well as he gets in with us and really enjoys it. This also makes it a little more flexible for us and because the bath is not part of his rigid bed time routine it's made life a lot easier.

We also have some letters that stick to the wall which he loves and some bath pens that wipe clean. Our toddler loves his bath but we have found offering the choice makes him feel that he is a big boy because he does what mummy and daddy do.

We also take him swimming once per week on a saturday where he has a shower with mummy so on a Saturday he doesn't need a bath.

Hope this helps x

Offline Bel

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 21:18:01 pm »
I am having the same problem and we are on the food colouring idea (DS is 19 mo old).

I started with a pack of children's bath salt which a friend gave me (expensive in the long run), the next night oats (not very showy but good) and then someone suggested food colouring. I pour a very little amount into a small container and he pours it into the bath watching it dissolve. He drinks the water so I limit it to the minimum amount to create just a hue of colour. We are now practising the names of the colours each night.

It has been working a treat and he only refused the bath once since we started this four or five weeks ago.

If anyone has thoughts on the health hazards of food colouring please let me know. I use about the amount of what fits into the central stem of a Duplo block in an adult bath filled to the hip of DS.

HTH, it's worth a try.

Bel

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 15:06:34 pm »
I would just worry that bubs would come out of the tub a lovely shade of green ;)