Author Topic: questions about soy/dairy elimination whilst bf  (Read 1699 times)

Offline C&B&E

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
questions about soy/dairy elimination whilst bf
« on: July 26, 2011, 17:41:03 pm »
A couple of weeks ago I cut out milk/yoghurt and cheese from my diet as Evelyn was being fussy and screaming whilst doing poos (which I'm pretty sure are mucousy - they are very liquid and sometimes have stringy bits in them), and really being in pain with wind. 

Last week (so 8 days ago) I cut out all hidden dairy and soy too....until today when DH has just cooked me some scrambled eggs using a bit of milk by accident  :-\ (he felt terrible  :().  I have got a wedding on saturday, and I was going to use that day as the 'test' day where I ate dairy (as it's too late to tell them about dietary requirements and I'm sure there'll be ice cream etc  :P) - do I now need to totally restart the trial for a whole other two weeks because of the milk 'incident' today?

Also, DDs poos have been very green for the last few days (when before they have only been mustard yellow) - I am not sure if this is because I have changed my diet, or because I have been taking fenugreek and perhaps she is having more foremilk than usual.  Has anyone else noticed a change since they changed diet?  I am aware I am eating more of other things (eggs, peanuts, corn/rice crackers, rice milk etc etc) than I would have been a week ago  ???

Thanks for your help

Thank you xx
Claire x

Offline firsttimemummy

• Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
Re: questions about soy/dairy elimination whilst bf
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 18:55:22 pm »
I cut out all dairy and soya not long after Oliver was born for the same reasons (and Murray had MPSI).  Recently I re-introduced dairy and didn't get immediate effects (now and then I had a little bit and he was fine) - over the week he started getting a bit snotty and stopped sleeping so well, so we are back off the dairy (a week later he is slowly sleeping for longer at night again).

When I am out and about etc I am less strict with the dairy-free (even when Murray was on the trial I did that with him) as you need sanity!!!

Don't worry too much about it.
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 16:08:07 pm »
Hi, have you started to see any improvements after taking the dairy/soy out? I totally understand about the wedding though I wouldn't necessarily see it as a test if you have seen any changes yet. Very hard to continue with a strict diet like that when you are eating someone else's food!

Offline C&B&E

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 18:49:00 pm »
Hi, have you started to see any improvements after taking the dairy/soy out?

it's so hard to tell as she's so young...but today she did a very big liquid poo with strings of mucous in it  :(...i wonder if it was the milk from yesterday  ???.  she's also fussing/crying when feeding so i really don't know what's wrong  :-\.

Claire x

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 21:35:47 pm »
Hmm, well it could be the milk.. guess the only way to know is to eliminate again for 2-4 weeks then try again... have you looked at this thread?

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=189899.0

Does your LO spit up at all?