Author Topic: 15 week old naps a mess - in fact whole EASY a mess help!  (Read 4236 times)

Offline snowbird

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 26
  • LJ
Re: 15 week old naps a mess - in fact whole EASY a mess help!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 07:50:29 am »
Hi both!

Ails81, have to gatecrash this thread as can't believe how your probs are so like mine at the mo!! I was on the perfect easy until I tried to move her to a 4 hour one and now having lots of probs. Got to go now but will post more later :o)

Offline snowbird

• LJ
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 20:17:17 pm »
Hello again!

Just been showing this to my DH as still can't believe how similar our probs are: replugging the soother, short naps, awaking after 30 mins, screamed at half 4 this morning for an hour and I had no idea why (again, never normally like this.  Has been teething but didn't have fingers in mouth or anything!?), yum yum yum sound with dummy, rubbing her face in my chest when tired... :o

I suspect it's partly developmental and partly overtiredness as we had a terrible day of naps yesterday which made her overtired - very much so!  I've eased off on my movement to a 4 hourly EASY today and am going steadily.  I don't think my LO can handle so much A time altho is quite happy to go about 3 hour 45 mins between feeds.

Ails81  - how are you getting on now?

Offline ails81

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 16:41:52 pm »
Hello!  Well I think we are slowly making progress, last 2 nights had no night waking altho last night he was coughing his head off for about 20mins at 330am but bless him once he had calmed down and had a little chat to himself he just went back to sleep!  I didnt go through, I was listening obviously to check he was ok but he seemed fine, just really irritable cough poor wee man.

The naps are still a work in progress.  Had his usual 45mins this morning, cant seem to stretch this out at all.  He then had 2 x 45mins naps in afternoon and is currently having his catnap.  He manages the 4hrs between feeds fine but is still adjusting I think to the increased A time, particularly as he is napping for less time so it feels like we end up with so much more A time!

But I think we are getting there, the odd thing is sometimes he is clearly so tired but refuses to go down and then I take him downstairs again and he is all smiles and ready to play again.  Its like he forgets he is tired sometimes, either that or he is just nosy and wants to see whats going on all the time!!

How are things now snowbird? :)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 20:58:05 pm »
At this age they become more alert and it can be more difficult to get them to sleep. For us it helped to have a good WD that is the same for every nap, and take stimulating activities away for the last 30mins of A time. I have had this before
the odd thing is sometimes he is clearly so tired but refuses to go down and then I take him downstairs again and he is all smiles and ready to play again.
I never worked out if it was developmental, UT or OT. But probably UT then becoming OT.

Glad to see your nights are better. It is great he is getting more naps when they are short, This will help with OT. x
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline ails81

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 13:23:24 pm »
Thanks :) im just being a bit more chilled about it at the moment and just see how it goes.  He is having his lunchtime nap on the sofa at the moment and because im beside him when he started to stir at about 1hr in I quickly popped his dummy in (which he didnt want to go to sleep with!) and he has gone back off :)  we will see for how long! x

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 20:04:39 pm »
im just being a bit more chilled about it at the moment and just see how it goes.
Sometimes you have to jsut go with it, esp if it is stressing you out as your LOs can sense it. x
***Sara***

Offline snowbird

• LJ
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 15:36:30 pm »
Hello,

Sounds like you are getting there.

Things not great at the moment but I do feel it's developmental. She's waking up anytime between 3 and 4 and not settling for more than a 45 min cycle afterwards. I've tried feeding her for the last 3 nights. This has helped settle her and she saps the bottle - between 4 and 6 oz. Could be a growth spurt although she often is not interested in feeds in the day when we first give her them. This could be a result of her night feeding tho as overall she's taking around 30oz. Could she be hungry at 4am after taking 7.5 oz dream feed at 10.45pm? I suppose so if she's not taken a lot in the day.

We managed to go 24 hours without the soother

Offline snowbird

• LJ
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 15:40:45 pm »
Oops...

But gave it her yesterday when she was overtired and cried for it.

Do you know much about pu/pd? Thinking of doing it if necessary but she grumbles more than she cries. Do you only pick up on crying? Think I could do pat shush while she's just grumbling?

Offline ails81

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 19:38:43 pm »
I have done pu/pd on dylan on occasion.  You only pick up when crying (not whining or mantra crying) but put down as soon as they stop. Thats what I found difficult with dylan as he only really whines doesnt cry often so yeah I would try shush pat first, PU/PD is meant to be a last resort after shush pat hasnt worked.
 You have to be prepared for the fact she will cry more when doing PU/PD and its hard work!  First time dylan took 25mins to go to sleep but 2nd time only 10mins.  There is a board on here dedicated to PU/PD and lots of much wiser ladies than me on there that can help advise you and lots of info. xx :)

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 20:01:31 pm »
You have to be prepared for the fact she will cry more when doing PU/PD and its hard work!  First time dylan took 25mins to go to sleep but 2nd time only 10mins.  There is a board on here dedicated to PU/PD and lots of much wiser ladies than me on there that can help advise you and lots of info. xx
^^ exactly this :) You also cant use the dummy with PU/PD as it confuses them so if you are weaning thats fine, otherwise it can be difficult.

How are things going Ails?
***Sara***

Offline ails81

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 20:20:19 pm »
Hello Zacsmumme, things are good thanks!  His night times seem pretty settled for the minute going from 630-615 ish and mostly no replugs in the night.  He has a bit of a y tummy at the moment not sure what has caused that, but he is still his usual smiley self!

Naps are better, last few days he has done 2hrs in the morning from about 8am-10am and then at least an hour at lunchtime altho today he did another 2hrs over lunch from 12-2!  He is on the sofa napping and seems happy there so just left him to it!  And then having his catnap around 4/430 for about 45mins and then bed about 630.  So he is now going his 2hrs A time fairly happily and can go 2hr 15min without too much drama!

So at the moment its all pretty good, thank you for all your help and advice, I will need more im sure when the next developmental spurt/teeth/dummy weaning comes about! :)

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 20:33:49 pm »
Great to hear things are going so well! Great work :-*
***Sara***

Offline snowbird

• LJ
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 05:51:39 am »
That's great news Ails81 - all the hard work pays off in the end!

Thanks for your advice ladies! Not sure what I'm going to do. Don't really want to wean the dummy as it's so comforting for her. The last 3 nights have been terrible - last night being the worse. Been up every 45mins - 1 hour. Hard work indeed! In need of some sleep.

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 06:32:58 am »
4 months is a tough time hun. Have you got a post up on the NW board...maybe they can offer some advice on those frequent NW you are having. :-*
***Sara***

Offline ails81

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 19:47:57 pm »
Just wanted to send some big hugs to you!!  That must be hard work.  As Zacsmumme says maybe the NW board ladies can help you more.
Is she waking to feed?  Or just unsettled?