Author Topic: Egg intolerence in EBF babies  (Read 4517 times)

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Egg intolerence in EBF babies
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 16:02:16 pm »
although for us Sals, dairy and soy are known issues (I have an asprin allergy, lactose intollerence and soy allergy and husband has a known allergy to salicylate acid) eggs and gluten are bizzare to me why those

From what I have read it is the tendency to be allergic that is passed down, not specific allergies.  So for us, DH and I have no true allergies, but he has asthma and alot of my immediate family has asthma & allergies, we knew it was a big possibility that one or both kids would wind up allergic to something!
Heidi

tigerlilly905

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 16:38:11 pm »
Thank you for the hugs Louisa! This is proving to be a difficult journey.  I've been doing low Sal diet in conjuction w/ egg/dairy/soy/gluten free. We are seeing great improvements with his reflux, which is promissing. His rash is almost gone as well.  We had one day of non-mucousy poops, but they are still inconsistent.  I'm assuming they will take some time to clear up. Are you still following a Low Sal diet for Alyssa? - that is, when you started her on solids ect? How is she doing now? I often find myself worrying now that this will be a lifelong battle w/ food for Ds2 :(

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 17:52:56 pm »
Hi Rebecca, so pleased you are seeing some improvements! Makes it a bit easier to continue huh? I think the mucous could hang around a bit longer as the gut takes time to heal.

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 02:33:00 am »
Mucus takes weeks to clear
Cool about our kids being the same ages  :)
It would be unlucky to be life-long.  I was hoping for all to be over at 1, now  am thinking 2, but in reality my DH had food allergies till about age 5.