Author Topic: 7 month old solid schedule  (Read 1923 times)

Offline mjohnson33

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Cole
« on: July 29, 2011, 18:35:07 pm »
My DS just turned 7 months old.  He has been on solids one time a day since 4 months old. then at 6 months we increased to 2 times a day.  I am now ready to increase to 3.  I am having a problem getting him to eat the meals lately.  Before he loved eating and got very excited and at all the food I gave him.....I am still BF but I work FT so I pump and give him 2 bottles of expressed milk 5.5oz each.  Here is his feeding schedule.  He just seems not interested in the solids anymore and gets really fussy about 1/2 way through the feeding and I have to stop.

7:00 wake and BF
8:00 breakfast (1 jar of fruit)
sleep 10:00-12:00

12:45 5.5oz BM
1:45 lunch (1 jar of veggies)
sleep 3:00-4:30/5:00

5:15 5.5 oz 1/2 BM and 1/2 formula
6:15 dinner (1 jar veggie and 1 starch)
bath and then top off bottle around 7:30
BT at 8pm

This is a rough outline, it almost never is the same, except the times he eats, his naps are anywhere from 1-2hrs and he never wakes up at the same time or goes to bed at the same time. He also wakes usually one time at night to eat, if I dont feed him he EWs due to hunger.

Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated!!!  8)

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 00:26:22 am »
I think your routine looks appropriate for his age, including his milk and solid feeds.  It's ok if he is not as interested in solids at the moment, it could just be a phase.  Maybe he is teething?  You can start introducing finger foods as well if you haven't already, they might peak his interest if he is a little bored.
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012