Author Topic: mayo  (Read 1090 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
mayo
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:16:58 am »
Am I right in thinking mayo shouldn't be given until 12 months because of raw egg?

Couple of days back at the park I bought an egg mayo sandwich and although I'd taken food for DS (6.5 months) he was desperate to share mine so I gave him a corner of it (which he devoured and loved), only later did I stop to think about the mayo (I know the 'egg' part was hard boiled so no prob there).  So am I right that he shouldn't have had that?

And does anyone have any ideas on what to slacken hard boiled egg up with to make a sandwich as DS loved it so much I'd like to make some but not sure what to use instead of mayo?

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:48:49 am »
I would not give home-made mayonnaise but store-bought mayo is pasteurised and is not the same as raw egg. HTH!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: mayo
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 12:26:15 pm »
Brilliant! thank you! I did wonder this when I looked at the jar I have at home when I saw it was pasturised.  Great to know it's safe, thanks for your help.

Offline Bobcat

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: mayo
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 17:02:12 pm »
I mix hard boiled egg yolks with some potatoe, milk and butter.  My little fella loves it.  Can't get him to eat egg whites though!