Author Topic: Stopping BT Bottle?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline newmama12

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Stopping BT Bottle?
« on: August 02, 2011, 12:17:10 pm »
When did you stop your lo's BT bottle? DS just turned 1 and he easily has given up the bottle during the day. I still give him one first thing in the morning. Lately he's been waking up (extra early) and really hungry. I'm wondering if I should still give in the BT bottle?! Weird thing is is that he didn't even take that much before bed. Maybe 4oz, sometimes a little more. I don't know if I should keep it up a bit more and see if that helps or just leave it and feed him breakfast first thing instead of a bottle?!
~Cyndie
Mom to my Spirited DD (5) and Textbook DS (23 months) :)

Offline Seona1973

• Showing Appreciation 21
Re: Stopping BT Bottle?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 18:19:48 pm »
Even though we stopped the bedtime bottle by 10 months ds still had a cup of milk before bed for quite some time. He still sometimes asks for milk and a biscuit when dh gets home from work and he is nearly 5! Could you give a snack plus some milk in the evening to see if that helps to see him through the night again.

Offline *jazzberry*

• The Lounge
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 119
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 19:29:15 pm »
DS1 had a bedtime bottle until he was 2, DS2 had one till about 14 months, however they both still get offered a cup of milk and a ricecake just before bed (although they don't always drink it!) HTH

Offline Lemonthyme

• Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 06:26:50 am »
Mine is on a cup of milk which he probably has half of most days, sometimes all of it but rarely, so he has maybe 100-150mL of milk.  He's 14 months.  I can't see us getting rid of it for a while.  I mean, loads of adults have hot milk before bed!  I might bring it forward a bit as he gets older but that's it.
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline jodesy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 11:20:32 am »
My DD has just stopped taking all bottles (??!), and was waking at up 4am hungry - and would take a bottle only then. Half asleep helps, I think! 

She has dinner at 5.30pm but still won't take a bedtime bottle even though its 8pm. So I give her rice pudding before bed as she won't take any form of milk - cows, formula, warm, cold, bottle, cup, flavoured, etc etc.  That seems to keep her going til 7am at least.